Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Internet in the country

yummydd

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 9:01 pm
I will be in the country for the summer. I will need to have internet access and I am looking for the best and cheapest option. Is it worthwhile setting up a account with the local provider in the area, Is it more worthwhile taking a wireless stick, will I have a good connection, and if yes what companies are best for these

Mama Bear

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 11:24 pm
Setting up with Verizon is cheapest and fastest. I did that 2 summers and loved it. This year since I'm only going for six weeks and would love to not be glued to my laptop I bought a stick from tmobile for $29.00 and you can pay-as-you-go. It wont be very fast connection though; I jsut want it for 'emergencies'. You can order it online at t-mobile. But youre definitely best off getting DSL from verizon, or cable from time warner.
hatzlocha.

minnie mouse

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 9:38 am
Verizon dsl doesnt work all over the mountains. It doesn't work in my place. Time warner cable is the best in that area. But it isn't so cheap.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jun 13 2012, 2:29 pm
Yummydd if you get DSL maybe I can mooch off you... just kidding. But yeah, try verizon first & see if they service y/our colony.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics