Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Are frum women open to business coaching/consulting?

Would you pay for business coaching/consulting if you thought it would help your business?
Yes  
 75%  [ 46 ]
No  
 24%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 61

lili123

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 3:32 pm
Hi,

I've been running a business for over 10 years and recently have done some probono business-related speaking/coaching, which turned out to be very successful.

I am now seriously considering switching to the field of business coaching and/or consulting with a focus on frum female business owners. I feel that this sector is neglected and people aren't even aware of how much business is done by frum women.

Question: Do you think frum women are mindful/willing/open to paying for quality business coaching and consulting? Is this a done thing? Any anecdotal evidence?

Please weigh in.

OldYoung

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 3:36 pm
What kind of services would you provide?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 3:41 pm
2 issues:

What are your qualifications with regard to each business owner's field?

and

Trust. Why should a business owner trust you? Do you have testimonials from well-known people?

TwinsMommy

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 5:43 pm
I'm on my second business coach right now. I pay good money for group coaching programs if the program fits my needs at the time. I hadn't given any thought whatsoever as to whether the professional was Jewish or frum--- it just didn't matter to me. To me, it matters if they're well known and successful in their field. If they're a 6 figure earner teaching specific skills that I need, I'm all in whether they're Jewish or not.

I think you'd be really limiting yourself if your focus is frum women--- I don't think you're going to get a solid stream of new clientele. But if you've got the background and knowledge, throw up a program, market it well, and see if some fellow frummies sign on!

3mitzvos

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 5:50 pm
I would definitely be interested. I've had a business idea for a while now and believe that it truly has great potential. The problem has been that I have no idea how to go about getting it started.

seeker

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 6:16 pm
I would be interested but would want someone with particular knowledge of my field. Alternatively or in addition, if someone were just getting started in that and willing to coach for a more reasonable fee due to their inexperience, that would appeal to me because I feel I could use coaching but am not ready to make it a major investment.

Culturedpearls

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 7:10 pm
I do this all the time probono for friends etc.
I have also considered doing coaching seminars for women (Jewish or not) on online selling.
I was told that people would be interested as its very specific.
However, I don't actually have the time so it's on the backburner.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 7:26 pm
There's a frum organization here in Ottawa
who hired one of these people,
since they have made many changes to their organization and
were very happy with how it went.

I have no idea if they were frum or not.

It was for a kiruv organization
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics