Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Should my boss pay for computer for WAH job

amother

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 2:03 am
I have a WAH job but work for an employer. I had my own laptop which I was using but it just broke. I also have a desktop but it is 10 year old and real slow. I need a good computer which is fast and has a lot of storage for my job. If I were to by a new computer just for the family I would get a budget one. I have recently been told that our organization is expanding and I will need to start editing many videos. I do not think my laptop would of been able to have enough storage space for videos. I was already starting to run out of space on my laptop. I need a new good computer which is fast and has a lot of storage. Should I have to pay for it, should I ask my employer to pay for it? Should we split it? What if I leave the job in a year or so for whatever reason, who will the computer belong to if we split it?

DrMom

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 2:16 am
I would think that for reasons of security, your boss would have provided you with a laptop from the get-go.

Hashemlovesme

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 2:34 am
I'm on my 3rd WAH medical billing job & I've always had to have my own working computer. If there was something extra that I needed for work, like a special phone line,phone or extra screen, that has been provided, but belongs to them.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 12 2012, 5:36 am
Op here.
I need a top of the line computer not a basic one. My guess is medical billing could be done on a basic computer. Does not take up much memory or ram. I work part time and buying a top of the line computer will take up a big portion of my annual salary.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers