Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
The Bachelorette
1  2  3  Next

IMHopinion

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 11:51 am
Any fans out there? So what are your comments?
I think Emily's a wonderful person, and some of the men out there too.
She's definitely got a great woman's intuition!

mazeltov

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 12:01 pm
She seems to be a very devoted mom. Rikki looks like a sweet little replica of Emily.

Emily has a big decision to make, choosing the right husband and father for her child.

It's hard to know what really goes on. We are only seeing the edited parts that are being shown.

yummymummy

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 1:22 pm
This show and the bachelor have a terrible track record, I wouldn't put too much money on the relationship working out no matter who she choses.

And I'm not so sure about her intuition. Kalon should've been sent packing as soon as he uttered the classic "I love to hear you talk, but not until I'm done" line. Yup. That's the way to win over a girl's heart. And Ryan? How did he stick around after his "I'd still love you but not love on you as much" response to her hypothetically gaining weight once she's married.

It's a fun "guilty pleasure" though. Off to Prague, "the city of love", which I'm sure none of these guys could find on a map.

ellie23

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 1:35 pm
if I were emily and ryan gave his little speech about how shes making the wrong decision sending him home blah blah blah. I would have turned to him with a sweet smile and said "well thank you so much for saying that- now I can say with confidence that I am definitely making the right decision." and then walked out of there. he is so controlling and narcissistic that he was even telling her that he was certain she was making a mistake because he is absolutely the greatest and she shud be his trophy wife blah blah..ugh I wanted to slap him!

ellie23

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 1:37 pm
IMHopinion wrote:
Any fans out there? So what are your comments?
I think Emily's a wonderful person, and some of the men out there too.
She's definitely got a great woman's intuition!

its hard to know how wonderful anyone truly is as it is a show but I am impressed that he sent home ryan and kalon..usually they let the jerks stick around for a long long time because they are good looking/rich

amother

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 4:05 pm
ellie23 wrote:
if I were emily and ryan gave his little speech about how shes making the wrong decision sending him home blah blah blah. I would have turned to him with a sweet smile and said "well thank you so much for saying that- now I can say with confidence that I am definitely making the right decision." and then walked out of there. he is so controlling and narcissistic that he was even telling her that he was certain she was making a mistake because he is absolutely the greatest and she shud be his trophy wife blah blah..ugh I wanted to slap him!

True.
Ryan comes across as very controlling and a bit too high self esteem! Their last conversation made him look so bad.

Last edited by amother on Mon, Feb 23 2015, 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

ellie23

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 5:02 pm
IMHopinion wrote:
ellie23 wrote:

his two concerns after she sent him home:

1. losing the game

2. being perceived by other badly...

he had zero interest in her- im happy she got rid of this loser..someone needs to give him a reality check!

True.
Ryan comes across as very controlling and a bit too high self esteem! Their last conversation made him look so bad.

:MOM:

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 5:29 pm
I find emily boring compared to the previous bachelorette ashley, jpandashley were a hit and r still 2gether, and making wedding plans, I think abc will cover it

eatingbagels

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 6:15 pm
I like Emily. Didn't watch the latest episode yet, though. But I got really annoyed when Doug came forward to say what Kalon said, and then she kept going on and on about, "I can't believe NONE of you came forward to tell me."
The whole time, I'm like, "But...but...Doug DID!" No credit there. Of course, he's not the cutest and won't be in the top four but at least he did care about her (or acted like he cared about her) in that case.
Who do you think will win?
Jef, Arie or Sean?
First I thought Arie but now I'm leaning more toward Jef. Maybe Sean but keep in mind I haven't watched last episode yet. (But I know who was kicked off.)

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Jun 19 2012, 6:20 pm
Didn't start watching and don't have time anymore to watch (BH) but it seems like bachelorettes and bachelors keep coming back on the other show LOL

ellie23

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 3:48 am
haha eatingbagels, I was thinking the same thing when she was saying noone stood up for her! is it just me or does arie annoy others too? he just seems very needy and too all over her, stuttering to say what she wants to hear, grabbing her hand, needing reassurance. I hope he doesnt make it to the end

MGmom

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 8:33 am
ellie23 wrote:

If I were emily I would just tell him to get the f*** off my toes, he is so manipulative. I cant see how ANY woman would live with him more than a week...

MGmom

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 8:34 am
Btw so far there is only one married couple from one of the first seasons, cant recall their name and Ashley and JP just moved in together and have been together ever since and they wanna get married, otherwise the couples havent lasted too long. I have this feeling that emily wont last wither with any of these guys on the show now.. maybe.... maybe Sean... I enjoy watching it though Wink

mazeltov

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 9:21 am
I don't understand why Kalon even stayed when he felt that way about Emily. Even before he called Rikki baggage, he made a number of comments about how Rikki would always be in between them on dates, how Emily is a sick and exhausted mother with a kid waiting on her... It doesn't sound like he was really interested in her. I don't know why he didn't leave on his own. He waited until she kicked him out. He never would have been happy with her.

eatingbagels

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 5:52 pm
mazeltov wrote:
I don't understand why Kalon even stayed when he felt that way about Emily. Even before he called Rikki baggage, he made a number of comments about how Rikki would always be in between them on dates, how Emily is a sick and exhausted mother with a kid waiting on her... It doesn't sound like he was really interested in her. I don't know why he didn't leave on his own. He waited until she kicked him out. He never would have been happy with her.

A lot of the runner ups get to be The Bachelor on a later episode so I think that's why some of them stick around. Or they want more air time for fame.
I just watched the last one. So glad Ryan is out. It's pretty clear that Doug and John aren't gonna get too far.
Honestly, Chris really irks me. It's just something about him. Idk why Emily likes him.
I don't know if Arie is needy- I think he's really into Emily. I have a feeling he might not win but get to be the next bachelor. And I don't get any personality off of Sean. Sure, he's perfect on paper, but I don't see much passion between him and Emily. I think she's always most excited about Arie and Jef.
Anyone else?

yummymummy

Post Wed, Jun 20 2012, 5:59 pm
I think Kalon actually told one of the other guys that he was just sticking around "for the adventure", he probably enjoyed the free trips, wanted to be on TV, etc.

Emily definitely seems most interested in Arie and Jef (who she's been smitten with ever since he skateboarded in on the first episode What ). We’ll have to see how this whole “Arie dated a producer or friend of Emily’s or whoever thing” plays out but right now they’re my pick for the final 2.

Factory Girl

Post Thu, Jun 21 2012, 2:53 pm
im rooting for Jef!!

sar

Post Thu, Jun 21 2012, 5:06 pm
OMG I LOVE THE SHOW!! I dont know what is.. I totally love it. so shallow and ridiculous.. And I get to judge peoples character..freely.. YUM.
So I COMPLETELY am grossed out by Arie. hes like ALL over her. All needy and touchy feely.. childish looks..whiney.. Did any of u hear him whine? EW. Also the way he smooches her..its like hes trying WAAAAY to hard! like hes begging.. bottom like- yuck.
Jef- I think we like him cuz hes so cute and so closed.. and for some reason girls always are curious about the guy who seems disinterested. Personally- I think hes just one of those quiet kinda guys with nothing deep underneath. Hes just not sharp or charming enough to make a splash so he seems mysterious. Well wait and see..
Sean- OBVIOUSLY THE FUTURE MR. BACHELORETTE!!! Hes perfect for her. Get a life Arie. Sorrie jeff. Find urselves some young fresh faced jennifer. U dont deserve this sophisticated sweet smart mother.

robynm

Post Fri, Jun 29 2012, 7:43 am
I think arie is going to win. he reminds her of her past and shes comfortable with him. all they do is make out! im so glad jon finally left, they had no chemistry.

truthfully, I cant stand emily! shes so fake!

chocolate chips

Post Fri, Jun 29 2012, 9:16 am
I started watching! all 7episodes in one week lol!

So I am sooo happy that kalon and ryan left. Ryan was just so #$^&%^*&#$^# I don't even have words!

I think Arie will win because I really see a connection but the other two seem so good with her too. Its tough LOL
I read in the instyle that her husband whodied, his parents support her and are really annoyed that she chose to do this.
that said she is GORGEOUS and dresses amazing I am soooo jealous of her gowns each evening lol.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics