Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
White Blood Cell Counts are Off

shalom613

Post Mon, Jun 25 2012, 11:53 am
My 13-month-old was tested for lead last week and the pediatrician called to say that his white blood cell counts were off - one was higher than normal, the other lower than normal - and I should bring him back for a another finger prick. The retest had the same results so he did a full fledged blood test today to see if the results would make more sense.

Has anyone had any experience with this? Anyone know what the issue might be? I'm too scared to think or google much...

tizunabi

Post Mon, Jun 25 2012, 12:26 pm
1. has DC been sick? does DC have allergies?
2. What was low and what was high?
3. What tests did the blood test cover?

seeker

Post Mon, Jun 25 2012, 1:05 pm
Of course one person's blood test results have no bearing on anyone else's, but in case it's any comfort to you I had something that sounds like that with my DD, at around the same age, and it turned out to be nothing. Probably a little infection or something that cleared up before it went anywhere. But we kept having to go for retests just in case, until it became normal which just kind of happened on its own.

Hoping yours is also nothing!

shalom613

Post Mon, Jun 25 2012, 9:08 pm
Thank you so much for your prompt and helpful replies.

Boruch Hashem the results of the blood work came in and the white blood cell count was fine. Apparently the results from the finger prick weren't very accurate.

May all our worries come to such happy conclusions!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics