Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
5 Yr Old DD OUTTA CONTROL Since New Baby!!!

amother

Post Mon, Jun 25 2012, 10:05 pm
Ive showered her with tons of TLC, given away from my own precious time to play with her alone, talk to her, read her books, tried to follow all advice on how to deal with new sib but SHE'S OUTTA CONTROL. She doesnt stop kvetching & complaining, is acting out in a HORRIFIC way, is extremely chutzpahdig & actually made me cry more than once. WHAT HAPPENED TO MY CHIRPY LITTLE MARY POPPINS? The baby's 2 months old already & its only getting worse!!!!! What am I doing wrong? How can I stop this crazy cycle of her misbehaving & me holding it till I explode? I tried ignoring but it escalates to crazy levels. She only stops a bit once I yell or punish her. Ive tried being positive & catching her be good but it doesnt seem to even faze her. The nutty part is that she has a 2 year old sister before the baby that's taking the new baby much better than I had expected.

Pls HEEEELP!!!!

precious

Post Mon, Jun 25 2012, 10:12 pm
would a chart work? if she could pick out a special prize to work towards...

enneamom

Post Mon, Jun 25 2012, 11:01 pm
Is your DH able to help you at all? My DH sort of "adopted" the older one when I had a baby, which made things a lot easier.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 25 2012, 11:04 pm
enneamom wrote:
Is your DH able to help you at all? My DH sort of "adopted" the older one when I had a baby, which made things a lot easier.

I wish Sad he never really got along too well with her....

observer

Post Mon, Jun 25 2012, 11:05 pm
enneamom wrote:

What works even better in many situations is if the dh "adopts" the baby (besides for nursing obviously) and the mother spends as much time as possible with the other kids as they transition.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers