Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
High Cholesterol???

amother

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 2:17 pm
7 YO DD, who eats insanely healthy (think salads instead of ice cream. Wierd. I don't know where she gets that) just had a blood test that revealed high cholesterol. Now here's the confusing part: Her LDL was 91, which I understand is ok, and her HDL is 115 which is high. However, it's the good cholesterol. So is her cholesterol ok or not? what does it mean??

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 4:53 pm
The doctor will probably retest at some point.

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 9:09 pm
I am not sure the difference between HDL and LDL but I know that I have over 100 on whichever too and have high cholesterol. The dr told me to avoid certain things and go easy on others.

Could it be when she was tested that she had had a lot of eggs? margarine? bamba? ice cream? etc because that can affect it.

The dr will retest in a couple months, I wouldn't worry too much. Also 115 is not that high. Under 100 is normal, over 175 is BAD! Anywhere in between is not GREAT but its not dangerous.

NEvergiveup

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 11:38 pm
I wouldnt worry because the good cholesterol is high. Total cholesterol doesnt matter. HDL is a good thing.

NEvergiveup

Post Tue, Jun 26 2012, 11:38 pm
I wouldnt worry because the good cholesterol is high. Total cholesterol doesnt matter. HDL is a good thing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics