Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Which is better

HooRYou

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 4:52 am
I am trying to organize afternoon care for my child for next year. I was told by her current teacher (its a private gan and stays there until I pick up) that our city government runs a great afternoon program that offers a lot of extras, is affordable and closely monitored by the social workers and other city regulators. It would be nice since she will have structure and activiities and others to play with. The other option would be to hire someone privately. The benefits of this option would be that I could be more flexible about time, my child would get personalized attention and wouldn't be shlepped straight from school to the afternoon program and feel tossed about by the wind. I don't have any other children home during those hours though, so ther ewon't be any peers to p[lay with. I really wanted to send to a program with the other children from the class, but the school doesn't have its own afternoon program and there is no way for me to find out where the other children might be going.

What do you think?

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 5:04 am
How old is the child?
I know that my 4 year old loves it when she gets to stay in the tzaharon because then she has what to do in the afternoon. Otherwise she comes home and we have to find things for her to do.
If the organized afternoon care is not too much money, I would do that, obviously depending on the age of the child though.

e1234

Post Sun, Jul 01 2012, 5:39 am
my kids are in tzaharon and I think it's great

they do projects with them and the kids enjoy it.

I would think a 4 year old would be born home alone with a babysitter
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics