Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Medicaid - on it now or been on it?

amother

Post Wed, Jun 27 2012, 8:43 pm
Not sure if this is the correct catergory but ....

We are currently on NY medicaid. Starting in September (middle, when we get our paychecks) we will both be making enough money to get off of it. However, I am due iyh the end of September. How does that work with switching insurances in the middle of my ninth month?

I am so scared to be without any insurance! help!

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Jun 27 2012, 8:52 pm
There are different guidelines for Medicaid when it comes to pregnant women. Did you check to see if you will be eligible for that?

For the rest of the family, do all the paperwork in advance so your start date can be immediately following your last day of Medicaid. Medicaid generally goes through the end of the month, they don't drop you from one day to the next. So assuming you are eligible for part of September, you should be covered the whole month. And you can have the start date of the other insurance as October 1.

Why don't you discuss this with your agent?

amother

Post Wed, Jun 27 2012, 8:56 pm
You can stay on until they kick you off - until the next time you have to recertify and show your income.
But it's better not to wait to long because if they find out you can get in trouble.
Talk to your agent and see what they say. You can probably stay at least until the end of September maybe later.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 27 2012, 9:01 pm
thank you for your replies! I have heard from others that they dont kick you off, its just bad if they find out - but how do you do that? you can never be sure they wont find out and its not yashar!!

anyways - who is my agent? we did it through yeled vyalda but we have health first. do I call health first of yeled vyalda?

seeker

Post Wed, Jun 27 2012, 9:50 pm
Call Yeled V'Yalda, they'll probably be more helpful than anyone from Medicaid itself. I don't think they ever kick anyone off in middle of a pregnancy, especially if you're not up for renewal yet, you don't get kicked off the second you get a higher paycheck. Of course the more efficient you are about it the better, but not in your 9th month of pregnancy! But talk to Yeled V'Yalda.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics