Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Vista rumble seat - worth retrofitting?

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 02 2012, 2:31 am
Did you know that you can get an older model Uppababy Vista retrofitted to fit the rumble seat? For $85 and that includes shipping and a box to ship it in. I did a web search to try and find out what year the rumble seat started and found that info.

I have a really old, rickety Uppababy that we got secondhand. DD will be almost 2 y/o when we're expecting #2 and I had just about decided not to spend on a really nice double. We got a maclaren double handed down for when we really need to double, and I have a nice baby carrier so I figured I can wear little one and stroll big one in the Uppababy when needed.

If I would have been looking for $500 worth of stroller, Vista would probably not have been my choice. But now that I found out about this option, I'm wavering again - it would end up being close to $200, which is a nice enough deal, but on the other hand our stroller has already seen a lot of, um, love and I don't know how long it'll be good for. But that way I'd get some double use, and when 2 y/o DD outgrows full-time strollering I still have my nice stroller without having it just hog our limited space rent-free for all the time in between.

Any opinions? Also I just wanted to share about the retrofitting option in case anyone else has an older (2006-2009 iirc) UB Vista and thought they'd need something new to double.

nothingleft

Post Sun, Sep 02 2012, 6:13 am
Don't do it. I have the rumble seat and never use it. We bought a double and it's a lot more convenient and comf for baby and mommy.

bnm

Post Sun, Sep 02 2012, 10:09 am
not worth it. when the rumble seat came out it was good I think for 09 models and on. the '10 model was a bit redesigned and reviewers say the push is way better than the older ones that need to be retrofitted and where harder to push. your 2 year old won't want to sit in it because she won't be able to see out and the baby will be too young to sit in it.

seeker

Post Sun, Sep 02 2012, 12:44 pm
Thanks for the input! I'm hoping babywearing works out well for me because I don't like maclarens so much. Also my rickety old secondhand Vista didn't come with anything for a newborn like car seat adapter or bassinet so anyway at the beginning it would take even more investment to make it work.

I just didn't want to invest in a better double at this point because almost-2 DD is going to grow out of the stroller at least for most little walks around the neighborhood and I don't anticipate having another so soon so it just makes sense to me to stick with the single. I just don't want to be miserably inconvenienced for a year in between.

tizunabi

Post Sun, Sep 02 2012, 2:28 pm
I have friends and their 2 oldest are 18 or 19 months apart. They never purchased a double stroller, just did babywearing or for when they were going out as a family sometime they had two individual strollers/umbrella strollers.
I have other friends who didn't want to purchase another stroller for their 2nd one (not even an umbrella stroller) even though he was born just 2 years after the 1st. They just trained the older one to walk, even for longer distances.
I think you'll manage with what you have, even if you don't love the mcclaren, just keep a baby carrier in the bottom of the stroller all the time.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics