Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
How do you book a vacay in advance? Niddah...

chica

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 10:02 am
Booking vacations seems to be much cheaper if purchasing in advance. But one can never know for sure if they'll be niddah or not. (I guess you can always become niddah out of nowhere right before you leave but....)
We really don't want to go on vacation while I'm niddah. Not the ideal situation. We would be ok, but it would seem a shame to spend money on a nice hotel, romantic location, if we're niddah.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 10:21 am
Can you discuss w/ your OB/gyn about taking some extra pills right before you go to extend your cycle? I never did this personally, but I know of some ppl who take 2 packs back to back and don't get a period.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 10:24 am
If your cycles are regular you can try to plan around. Or you just pray!!

smss

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 10:37 am
chica wrote:
Booking vacations seems to be much cheaper if purchasing in advance. But one can never know for sure if they'll be niddah or not. (I guess you can always become niddah out of nowhere right before you leave but....)
We really don't want to go on vacation while I'm niddah. Not the ideal situation. We would be ok, but it would seem a shame to spend money on a nice hotel, romantic location, if we're niddah.

Besides for not wanting to, there are rabbanim who hold that it's not allowed to go on (a certain type of) vacation when you're niddah - check with your rav.

catonmylap

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 11:33 am
you can find some pretty good last minute deals too.

cm

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 11:36 am
chica wrote:

Yes, this is what planning a vacation is like if you are not super-regular, or if life/work gets in the way of your dream get-away.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 11:38 am
I was pg for the only vacation we ever went on.

going into the States before, for a simcha I was a nidda though. not so fun.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 28 2012, 11:44 am
I had a situation a few years ago when my husband got a free all expense paid trip from work. It was DREEEEAMY sounding but a quick peek at the calendar made it seem impossible. At the time I had been on an IUD and had heavy intense bleeding during periods. My husband gave me a week to see if I could figure it out otherwise we would have to pass up the trip.

To make a long story short, I scheduled a visit to by OBGYN the next day, had my IUD removed (which I was planning on doing anyway soon since it was causing me a lot of aggrivation) and started on a pill. I told my husband to BOOK IT!! Smile

However, with about 2 weeks to go before the trip and I started staining on this new pill. I called my doc and told her that I NEED to make this work. She let me double up on pills and that is what I did until my trip was done.

and WHAT A TRIP it was! Smile

chica

Post Fri, Jun 29 2012, 6:40 pm
thanks everyone! This iyh will be a family vacation, not a romantic getaway in any way, but still don't want to be niddah!

I'm actually still nursing now and have no idea when I'm going to get my period back.... I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics