Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Diet pills?

imasweety

Post Thu, Jul 05 2012, 6:23 pm
Would you take diet pills? I'm not so keen, but a major intervention is needed here. Im not actually very large but I do feel sluggish and in general I dont like to take pills. I would much prefer a natural supplement, however I still want it to work. Advice?

amother

Post Thu, Jul 05 2012, 6:35 pm
Don't do it for the sake of everyone else around you. My mother took diet pills and it severly negatively impacted family and friends. She was a b***h while dieting. It damaged her heart. Her heart throws clots. She's had four major strokes. None of her children but me want anything to do with her. I am the one taking care of my handicapped Mom.

amother

Don't do it for the sake of everyone else around you. My mother took diet pills and it severly negatively impacted family and friends. She was a b***h while dieting. It damaged her heart. Her heart throws clots. She's had four major strokes. None of her children but me want anything to do with her. I am the one taking care of my handicapped Mom.

bigprincess

I wouldn't not even the natural ones. A family member once took the natural ones and she was a wreck. The best thing you can do is eat a healthy balanced diet and exercise.

Dini20

Post Thu, Jul 05 2012, 7:20 pm
I've reacted badly to every diet pill I've taken, from panic attacks to just not sleeping while I was on them. I'm on the reader's digest diet now & I love it. I've been on it 3 1/2 wks & I've lost a little over 11 lbs. It's all natural & healthy eating, they just incorporate certain foods they consider to be fat burners. It's a lot of prep work making the food though. That's the only drawback. If you want any more info PM me.

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Jul 05 2012, 9:26 pm
Nope. Diet and exercise. Slow but sure.

3mitzvos

Post Thu, Jul 05 2012, 10:23 pm
I've been on diet pills before and I have to disagree with the above imamothers. I really needed that jump start ... I had a very big problem with controlling what I was eating. I couldn't stick to a diet for more than 4-6 hours. It helped me tremendously. However, before taking the pills, my doctor did a full workup on me to make sure that I was in good health and I wasn't allowed to be on the pills for more than 2 months. I also was only given the lowest dosage of the pills. I did feel a little bit antsy in the beginning, but no panic attacks or anxiety. It really did curb my appetite, but not to the point where I couldn't eat (because I was given such a low dose of it).I lost over 20 lbs in 2 months.

flowerpower

Post Thu, Jul 05 2012, 10:51 pm
I would never touch diet pills. They sound scary to me! My cousin lost a lot of weight while dieting and being on a pill-the name just slipped my mind!

amother

Post Thu, Jul 05 2012, 10:59 pm
3mitzvos wrote:
I've been on diet pills before and I have to disagree with the above imamothers. I really needed that jump start ... I had a very big problem with controlling what I was eating. I couldn't stick to a diet for more than 4-6 hours. It helped me tremendously. However, before taking the pills, my doctor did a full workup on me to make sure that I was in good health and I wasn't allowed to be on the pills for more than 2 months. I also was only given the lowest dosage of the pills. I did feel a little bit antsy in the beginning, but no panic attacks or anxiety. It really did curb my appetite, but not to the point where I couldn't eat (because I was given such a low dose of it).I lost over 20 lbs in 2 months.

Yes and that was my mother's story also. She couldn't diet without them. She never saw the effect her pills had on the family because after all she was on the pills. She actually felt better about herself and we hated her. I just wanted to die living with my mother. She was miserable to be around and thought she was doing great. Her reality was distorted.

Bliss

Post Fri, Jul 06 2012, 12:47 am
flowerpower wrote:
I would never touch diet pills. They sound scary to me! My cousin lost a lot of weight while dieting and being on a pill-the name just slipped my mind!

Celerite?

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Jul 06 2012, 1:07 am
imasweety wrote:
Would you take diet pills? I'm not so keen, but a major intervention is needed here. Im not actually very large but I do feel sluggish and in general I dont like to take pills. I would much prefer a natural supplement, however I still want it to work. Advice?

Get a real diet plan from a nutritionist. Pretend nothing but that plan is kosher.

I would never, ever in a million years touch those pills. I'm assuming you're looking to improve your health, right? Well, pills can easily do the opposite.

amother

Post Fri, Jul 06 2012, 2:04 am
Yes, I would, in a heartbeat. I only wish my Dr. would agree to prescribe them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise