Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Phil and ted joggers
1  2  Next

sunnymom

Post Thu, Dec 28 2006, 6:58 pm
What do you think, worth the price? It seems to be really good, cuz you can use it for a newborn and then it can also turn into a double decker stroller?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 28 2006, 7:37 pm
I looked into it and tried it, but decided not to buy it for 3 reasons.
1. There are other joggers such as the mountain buggy that have a much smoother ride.
2. It folds up humoungus, so not ideal if you plan on putting it in the trunk often.
3. I was afraid the older child would refuse to sit on the bottom seat because you can't see anything in front of you, and well toddlers can be fussy like that.

Although, it does look really cool.

mumof1

Post Fri, Dec 29 2006, 12:59 am
my friend has it and loves it, she said it pushes so smooth.
I have the bugaboo and the peg pliko p3.
I want a jogger, my husband says I have enough strollers:)

tziviakayla

Post Fri, Dec 29 2006, 1:19 am
I just receved an e-mail yesterday from the US Consumer Products Safety Commission that this stroller was recalled! (I'm on a list that sends recall info) The phil and ted e3 stroller with double seats was recalled. I don't know how to post a link, but you can get all the info if you go to their website.

yoyosma

Post Fri, Dec 29 2006, 1:27 am
The double of this stroller was recalled a while ago, they have since updated the double and redistributed it.
The single with the jumper seat is fine.

dr pepper

Post Fri, Dec 29 2006, 1:30 am
This is the recent recall:

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/pr......html

Doesn't seem serious to me and is easily fixable.

shopaholic

Post Fri, Dec 29 2006, 11:03 am
This is what my friend said - the kid sitting on bottom can get hurt from the wheels. I also don't like the fact that 1 kid can't see.

yoyosma

Post Fri, Dec 29 2006, 11:11 am
My SIL has one, she doesnt like it. There are only two positions, recline all the way back and sitting up. She hated that.
She doesnt have the doubles kit because she has one kid. However, the thought of a child so low to the ground, near puddles and other stuff makes me nervous. There are wheel guards (bought seperately), but its still really easy for a kid to just stick his hands in the spokes.
However, its very light, narrow and one of the smallest in its class. It also maneuvers really well.
So this is something for which you need to go to the store, wheel it around and consider your options.
I was looking into this stroller so I know a lot about it. I am also a confessed stroller freak Smile.
Bottom line, some people love their E3's, some dont. You should google it and read parent reviews. Here is one, it was rated #4 on this website. http://strollers.baby-gaga.com.....r.php

mommy7525

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 3:59 pm
I have an e3 an LOVE it. it is sooooo easy to push just like the mountain buggy. it folds up smaller than the mountain buggy . my baby loves the back seat its like a treat for her. it's lighter than any double jogger. it has 4 positions up, a drop lower, almost down and down.
it was perfect when I had a newborn. now she's older and I just switch it once in a while for her nap its really great for anything and switches so easily

all in all the best investment I ever made!!!! I would do it again

thanx for the recall site, I'm going to order the wheel guards- though I never had a problem!?

yedidya's mom

Post Thu, Jan 04 2007, 10:25 pm
I have the phil and ted's too. while I dont love everything about it, it is a great stroller and the best option for a double if you don't want to take up half the block with a side-by-side. thanks for the info on the recall. my sil actually predicted few months ago that this would be an issue and they would need to fix it.

amother

Post Wed, Jan 10 2007, 9:02 am
I had one and loved it from day one: could go everywhere with it, kids are both very comfortable and..when they get older they where both 'fighting' over the back seat (that means that they can see fine from there and its probably even more comfortable than the top one
What do we know ;-)
Everyone who I advised it too are verry happy too....
Its just not made for cars but for walking!!!!
Good luck!

sunnymom

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 2:12 am
Can anyone whose tried the phil and teds e3 and the Revolution BOB compare the 2?

amother

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 3:27 am
I had the older moddel but a friend of mine has the newer one and I find the back seat mre straight (by me Icould put my 5 month old in it already as it was like a 'relax' but this one is more staight.
and I find the whole stroler less strong (but thats something I just seem to think...;-)

mumof1

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 7:11 am
check out the maclaren jogger I heard such great things about it.

girliesmommy

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 9:37 am
Someone just asked me about it. She wanted to know how easily it folds. What's it like size wise when folded compared to the valco?

happymom

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 2:44 pm
they ahve a new phil and ted side by side. that one lookds good.

the one I think I like the most though is the jane powertiwin. u can check it out online! (although I dont own one, but if anyone likids it let me know pls cuz I want to get it!)

yoyosma

Post Fri, Jan 12 2007, 2:46 pm
happymom, Powertwins looks really cool, they are tiny, but if you have large children, they will be STUFFED inside. There also isnt much of a footplate or anywhere for the front child to put his/her feet.
I would look at it in the store if I could. I saw a nanny pushing two children in it, they looked so stuffed inside. It was compact, but didnt look comfy for the kids.

happymom

Post Sat, Jan 13 2007, 7:16 pm
oh.... my dd is actually pretty petite..... its just for the feet... the kid really has no place to put thier feet?

yoyosma

Post Sat, Jan 13 2007, 9:32 pm
There is basically a tiny footplate. The child up front was squishing his legs up.
It sounds amazing in theory, but like I said, the kids looked shoved in and they werent big kids.

Have you looked at pictures of them? Have you seen a model live? Im going to PM you.

GingerSpice

Post Wed, Dec 12 2007, 9:09 pm
is this stroller good for infants also? or is that only if you buy the second seat?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics