Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Chuppah songs

amother

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 3:24 pm
can someone suggest great chuppah songs for kallah/chosson and family to walk down to? looking for things that aren't extremely common but still nice. thanks.

bigsis144

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 3:32 pm
I don't know how common this one is, but the words and tune spoke to me -- "Yedid Nefesh". Both as an expression of the relationship I yearn for between myself and Hashem, and I"YH the life I'd be starting with my chosson.

I don't remember who composed the particular tune I walked down to, but it was a waltz - "Ye-did, Yedid Nefesh; A-av, Av HaRachaman...". It's a commonly sung Shabbos zemer, but I'd never seen anyone walk down to the chuppah with it.

Other tunes I've seen that I thought were nice were "Bil'vavi Mishkan Evneh", "Ma Ashiv La'Hashem" (from Hallel) and "Lechu Neranena" (tune by Yehuda!, words from kabbalas Shabbos - another waltz).

Happy18

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 3:34 pm
I'd suggest going through many songs and picking something that means something to the couple.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 3:34 pm
bigsis144 wrote:
I don't know how common this one is, but the words and tune spoke to me -- "Yedid Nefesh". Both as an expression of the relationship I yearn for between myself and Hashem, and I"YH the life I'd be starting with my chosson.

I don't remember who composed the particular tune I walked down to, but it was a waltz - "Ye-did, Yedid Nefesh; A-av, Av HaRachaman...". It's a commonly sung Shabbos zemer, but I'd never seen anyone walk down to the chuppah with it.

Other tunes I've seen that I thought were nice were "Bil'vavi Mishkan Evneh", "Ma Ashiv La'Hashem" (from Hallel) and "Lechu Neranena" (tune by Yehuda!, words from kabbalas Shabbos - another waltz).
Abie Rottenberg. I think on his compilation called aish or something like that. What a beautiful song.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 4:39 pm
Al Kol Aleh by Naomi Shemer you can find this song on you tube.com

nycgal

Post Thu, Jul 12 2012, 5:07 pm
I walked down to Od Yeshvu from MBD's The Double Album.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics