Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
My ds-6 yrs always feels deprived- eats till he almost sicks
Previous  1  2

ElTam

Post Wed, Jul 25 2012, 12:57 pm
Different kids have different metabolisms. Different kids have different needs. It's not fair or right to judge this child by his siblings. He needs what he needs, not what his brothers and sisters need. One of my kids has allergies. I should feed him what his siblings eat because they eat it and it's fine? One of my babies needed more holding and loving. I should only hold her as much as her sister who was happy to play in the swing by herself? That logic doesn't make sense.

Offer healthy snacks, fresh fruits and vegetables. If he says no to those, then he's not really hungry. But a kid who is happy to eat cut up veggies maybe with a little salad dressing to dip is really hungry. As you yourself said, he is average weight.

Saying no to nosh is something else. A kid who wants only nosh, I think it's fine to say, "You aren't really hungry." A kid who wants a snack right before dinner, okay to say, "You have to wait 30 minutes until dinner." But to say, "You can only eat as much as your siblings," that doesn't make sense.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics