Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Omigosh - an amazing, amazing Tisha B'Av Shiur!!!
1  2  Next

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 6:15 am
If you watch nothing else this year, watch THIS:

http://www.torahanytime.com/sc.....8.wmv

Liba

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 7:43 am
what plug in do I need? I am looking for online shiurim but can't get that one to work...

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 8:27 am
I have no idea.
Can't you see any shiurim on Torahanytime.com?
I never heard this Rav Fishel Shachter before.
This shiur just grabbed my neshama.

queenofhearts515

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 8:33 am
Another plug for this shiur- I watched it last night and it really was amazing and powerful! R' Fischel Schachter is really something special- and for anyone interested, he gives a weekly shiur that's always posted on Torahanytime.com on thursdays or fridays- GREAT for someone looking for a shiur to listen to while making shabbos Smile

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 8:40 am
I never really heard of him or watched any shiurim of his.
I think this shiur was one of the most powerful ones I have ever watched. I can't even explain why.
Wow.

mimivan

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 9:41 am
Thanks for this! very inspirational!

shstreich

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 9:54 am
try internet explorer if you are using chrome

Liba

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 9:58 am
I tried on Chrome and then on Firefox, but not IE until you suggest. B"H it works on IE!! Thanks. Listening now.

abound

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 10:55 am
Thank you CM- I hope this inspiration stays with me.

Liba

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 11:15 am
I don't think I have seen my teenage daughter sob like that since we lost Bubby a"h who she was really close to. We all cried, but it really struck a cord with her. She wants a printed version of the whole thing so she can read it over as she wishes.

zissy2004

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 11:23 am
I didnt go to the link yet, but if its the same R Shachter that I remember from my years in Israel (with a long flowing white beard??) then im really excited! He is the most powerful speaker I EVER heard in my life, I used to run whenever I heard he was speaking! Havent heard him in years, Oh I so hope its him!

boymom

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 11:56 am
theres another very interesting shiur on tisha bav by r' dovid orlofsky. u can find it on torahanytime too.

happy mom1

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 12:04 pm
zissy2004 wrote:
I didnt go to the link yet, but if its the same R Shachter that I remember from my years in Israel (with a long flowing white beard??) then im really excited! He is the most powerful speaker I EVER heard in my life, I used to run whenever I heard he was speaking! Havent heard him in years, Oh I so hope its him!

R fishel schachter lives in boro park, not in israel.

zissy2004

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 12:18 pm
Yeah, saw him, it's not him. I couldn't watch that video Bc Internet was too weak, it kept stopping after every 5 seconds..

Mrs.K

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 12:41 pm
That was a really great listen, thank you for posting!

B"H YOM YOM

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 1:03 pm
Thank you so much, CM. I knew it would be too hectic to listen later on so took advantage before I was compelled to 'officially' start the day at 7 am! Was well worth my while and needed. Powerful and from the heart. Perfect material for Tisha B'av speech. Umacha H-shem dimah mayal kal panim, l'shana haba b'yerushalayim...

ruth

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 6:01 pm
zissy2004 wrote:
Yeah, saw him, it's not him. I couldn't watch that video Bc Internet was too weak, it kept stopping after every 5 seconds..
I had a similar problem -- anyone know how to correct this?

Liba

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 6:04 pm
ruth wrote:
zissy2004 wrote:
I had a similar problem -- anyone know how to correct this?

If you pause it, let it load more, it will pay more smoothly. It seems too many people are on watching now. When I watched just after chatzos Israeli time it was perfect, but when I tried to watch a second Tisha B'Av video on the same site some hours later I had trouble getting it to load. I had to let it load for about 20 minutes for every 5 minutes of watching time.

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 10:13 pm
thx for posting. He gives an awesome shiur every week to Ohr Yitzchok bachurim (I think) and it's posted on torahanytime and is also on Kol Halashon and it's awesome!

SJcookie

Post Mon, Jul 15 2013, 5:25 pm
Here's the updated link:

http://legacy.torahanytime.com.....8.wmv
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note