Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Amazon Kindle - Good Jewish books, Any suggestions?

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 9:28 am
Hi,

I Love to read but I don't 'fargin' myself a book too often as they cost around $30 at local stores.
Now I have a Kindle and I'd like to download some good jewish books.

Any suggestions?

P.S. G rated non jewish book suggestions also welcome.

TIA

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 9:42 am
you can get cookbooks and magazines on it too. some are free.

Tzutzie

Post Sun, Jul 29 2012, 11:18 am
Thanks chocolate moose, but I’m rather looking for true stories, biographies or novels

amother

Post Mon, Dec 30 2013, 6:33 pm
I know this is old but bumping it up. anyone?

nosher

Post Mon, Dec 30 2013, 8:53 pm
I basically gave up on my Kindle. I couldn't find any Jewish books for adults or kids. I wonder if it's just not worthwhile for frum publishers to produce e-books.

September June

Post Mon, Dec 30 2013, 8:58 pm
You can get clean secular books but there aren't many Jewish book available in e-book format.

Tzutzie

Post Tue, Dec 31 2013, 8:28 pm
September June wrote:
You can get clean secular books but there aren't many Jewish book available in e-book format.

Any titles?

JEMI

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 6:43 am
Not sure if I'm allowed to do this - if I'm doing something wrong, I apologise in advance, imamother moderator, and I won't do it again! Anyway, I'm a frum Jewish author, and I have all my books available on Kindle. My latest is 'The Secret Diary of Jewish Housewife'.

Part of the problem is that the traditional publishers are VERY slow on the uptake, even though so many frum readers are pretty tech-savvy at this point, especially in the English-speaking world.

You might also want to check out 'The Damaged Mirror' by Yael Shachar, which is also on Kindle, plus 'The way to becoming Yaelle' by Dassie Dahan, who also has a couple of books on Kindle.

A lot of the books on Kindle in the 'Jewish' section are self-published, so buyer beware. Another problem is that the 'Jewish' category in Kindle doesn't get a lot of traffic, so many even orthodox Jewish authors with Kindle books are categorising them differently to potentially get more readers, like in the 'self help' section, or the 'religion and spirituality' section.

rosey

Post Tue, Jul 11 2017, 8:39 am
thanks for the info, even if it's an old thread....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room