Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
ISO recipe for stuffed dark chicken cutlets

Fabulous

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 7:51 pm
I usually do with Kishka but I bought a big package and want to do half and half. Any other recipes of what do stuff it with and what to roll it in/sauce?

sbs

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 8:15 pm
you could do rice and mushrooms

last time I made it I used a stuffing recipe from BY cookbook, which was meant for meat, but it was breadcrumbs, spinach, egg...
I put in a slice of pastrami first and then the stuffing, poured duck sauce on top

it was amazing!!!!

I had frozen the extra stuffing and used it since

if you need the recipe, I'll try to post later

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 8:32 pm
I stuff with rice and a bag of mixed vegetables with salt and pepper cooked together over the stove. I sprinkle onion soup mix and liberally pour hoisin sauce on top and bake covered until last ten/fifteen minutes.

It is very simple and delicious.

bnm

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 8:43 pm
I have a leeks and mushroom recipe I once used. was in one of the magazines to use for fish but I used capons instead, it was delicious.

Happy18

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 8:52 pm
This sounds delicious I'm going to have to try it.

Fabulous

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 9:45 pm
sbs wrote:

last time I made it I used a stuffing recipe from BY cookbook, which was meant for meat, but it was breadcrumbs, spinach, egg...
I put in a slice of pastrami first and then the stuffing, poured duck sauce on top

it was amazing!!!!

Everything sounds great but this one looks like I can do with stuff in my house.

I don't have leeks or hoisin sauce, although both sound delicious.

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 10:00 pm
Fabulous wrote:
sbs wrote:

it was amazing!!!!

Everything sounds great but this one looks like I can do with stuff in my house.

I have also done it with brown sugar and Onion soup flakes instead of the hoisin sauce. The kids like the sugar better.

sbs

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 10:23 pm
Fabulous wrote:
sbs wrote:

it was amazing!!!!

10 oz. frozen spinach, thawed and drained
3 cups bread crumbs
1 large egg
1 T fresh parsley, chopped
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 onion, 1 box sliced fresh mushrooms and 1 cup chopped celery sauteed in 2 T margarine
( I left out the celery, cuz I don't like the taste)

mix all together and stuff

I baked it on 350 for at least 1 hr. covered and 1 hr. uncovered

gemini90

Post Wed, Aug 01 2012, 10:53 pm
sautee onions and fresh baby bella mushroom chopped with salt and pepper then the last 10 minutes or so add in crushed Tam Tam crackers till they get soft. Stuff the chicken cultlets and put onion powder, garlic powder and duck sauce!

moonstone

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 12:43 pm
These recipes sound delicious- but how do you stuff the cutlets? Do you cut a "pocket" in each one and put the stuffing inside, or do you spread the stuffing on the cutlet and then roll it up?

Fabulous

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 1:42 pm
Squishy wrote:
Fabulous wrote:
sbs wrote:

it was amazing!!!!

I have also done it with brown sugar and Onion soup flakes instead of the hoisin sauce. The kids like the sugar better.

That would be great if you could post it. Thanks!

Fabulous

Post Thu, Aug 02 2012, 1:44 pm
Thanks everyone for your recipes.

tovarapps

Post Mon, Sep 22 2014, 3:40 pm
A few months ago one of the magazines had a recipe for sticky capons made with dark chicken cutlets with the skin on. The stuffing was Osem caesar croutons and chicken soup, and the dressing was honey, dijon mustard, maple syrup and balsamic vinegar, but I am out of town and don't know the amounts. It's an amazing recipe that could be sliced as leftovers and served room temperature for Shabbos lunch. Does anyone have it? I would be most appreciative.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey