Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Desserts
Cute Shabbos Kallah foods

pobody's nerfect

Post Sun, Aug 05 2012, 11:08 pm
preface: I LIKE to patchke in the kitchen.

so, any ideas for cute things to make for my SIL's Shabbos Kallah which I'll be hosting?
things that look like diamond rings, or with the letters of the chosson & kallah's names, or anything else super wedding-y. I really don't mind a patchke.

thanks!

p.s. NEVER google 'bachelorette party ideas'. NEVER.

bananasplit

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 12:14 am
You can make diamond rings shaped like cookies, heart shaped cookies with their initials or bride and groom cookies. I dont know if this is what you meant but they usually have these a an engagement or bridal shower.

Hashemlovesme

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 1:11 am
a kalla cake- ask someone here who has done this for directions
heart shaped linzer tarts
flower cookies (w/ that fancy hard frosting) on sticks to look like a bouquet

Mazal tov!!!!

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 1:33 am
Try William Sonoma. I bought a cute cookie cutter that makes cookies in the shape of Keedem tea biscuits that you can personalize. The cookie cutter stamps the speeding right into the cookie so it is branded. Tranquility and Peace did this for her son's Bar Mitzvah. She could probably send you a picture if you can't find the thread.

I also have a pie cutter which makes mini heart shaped pies with a heart cut out on the top crust.

I have a baking tin which makes heart shaped cup cakes.

sky

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 1:02 pm
Monogram cookies.
I just saw a recipe in the local periodical and in either the Bina or Ami explaining how to do custom images on rice or wafer paper (I don't remember). You can make royal icing cookie and then use the couples monogram directly on the cookie. Put on a border of glitter icing and they are magnificent.

This is corny - but my SIL made a sheitel centerpiece. She took a foam sheitel head and using toothpickes decorated with candies. The kalla was a red head and the sheitel head sported red sour stick sheitel and other decorations. It was cute, not super sophisticated but adorable.

Bride and groom cake pops
http://iheartyummy.blogspot.co......html

Sherri

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 1:54 pm
Check out Pinterest!

mom2be1

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 3:29 pm
Peanut chews/rice krispy treats in a diamond ring shape or anyother shape for that matter is simple enough but everyone love them! I also own a choc mold in a ring shape that I've used on top of a 10' cake.

lamplighter

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 8:13 pm
dip a mashmellow in chocolate, slice it open and stick a toy ring inside, It looks like a ring box, very cute.

Tova

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 9:14 pm
lamplighter wrote:
dip a mashmellow in chocolate, slice it open and stick a toy ring inside, It looks like a ring box, very cute.

I've seen this and was going to suggest this. But they make chocolate covered marshmellows that are a perfect cube shape so you have the right shape for the ring box. I personally say it done w/ chocolate mold rings.

I was just in IKEA and saw tons of different shapes of silicon ice cube trays (can be used as chocolate molds), each for 99 cents.

yummymummy

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 10:41 pm
checkout http://www.marthastewartweddings.com/ for lots of great ideas.

A few of my favorites:

Mini Fudge Cakes

Citrus Sorbet Cakes

Sherri

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 10:42 pm
yummy-mummy- Great pics!

yummymummy

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 11:06 pm
thanks Sherri. couldn't agree with you more about pinterest! here's a favorite I found there:

cupcake wedding cake tower

yummymummy

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 11:11 pm
and check out these gorgeous cake balls (ok, I'm done hogging your thread now Very Happy )

Sherri

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 11:14 pm
As per pinterest: http://cakecentral.com/gallery.....cakes

groovy1224

Post Tue, Aug 07 2012, 9:15 pm
Bride and groom cake pops!!!
http://www.etsy.com/blog/en/20.....pops/

If you've never made cake pops, though, you could do the same thing but with strawberries- just make half of them 'bride' strawberries (dipped in white chocolate and decorated with little pearls or something) and groom strawberries (dip them in white chocolate and then dark chocolate to look like a tux). You can google tuxedo strawberries.

I've made both of them- they come out so adorable, and they're always a hit!

Mazel tov!

yummymummy

Post Tue, Aug 07 2012, 9:20 pm
groovy1224 wrote:

If you've never made cake pops, though, you could do the same thing but with strawberries- just make half of them 'bride' strawberries (dipped in white chocolate and decorated with little pearls or something) and groom strawberries (dip them in white chocolate and then dark chocolate to look like a tux). You can google tuxedo strawberries.

Mazel tov!

Every single time someone suggests tuxedo strawberries someone mentions strawberry bug infestations Waiting

groovy1224

Post Tue, Aug 07 2012, 9:33 pm
yummymummy wrote:
groovy1224 wrote:

Mazel tov!

Every single time someone suggests tuxedo strawberries someone mentions strawberry bug infestations Waiting

Yeah, true story. You can't make them unless you're making it for people you know will eat strawberries. I wash them and everything, but I know my brother won't eat them anyway. Party poopers. lol.

pobody's nerfect

Post Tue, Aug 21 2012, 11:20 pm
oh my.... I wasn't being notified about the responses!
thank you everyone!!

I'm going to ponder all these ideas tonight....

p.s. true story, I'm afraid to make cake pops.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics