Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Pinterest

sleepwalking

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 7:30 pm
I saw a few posters mentioning it, can anyone explain in plain English what it is?

OutATowner

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 7:32 pm
First thing first- you have to have a fb or twitter account. URG. If you don't, you might as well not exist online.

sleepwalking

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 7:38 pm
Ok am I the only one that finds Twitter immensely confusing? Followers, following @ this @ that I get a headache when I go on that. And Facebook? I only read the comments and reply I never do these apps oh and I have a windows phone with half the things not working because I have no clue how it work!!!

OMG!!!! I sound so old !!!! And I'm only in my twenties!!!!. :embarassed:

allrgymama

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 7:43 pm
You do have to have a Facebook or Twitter account, but that's only for logging in. You don't have to use them at all.

Once you create an account, Pinterest allows you to create 'Boards' that you can then label however you want. ('Allergy Friendly' 'Allergy Friendly - To Try' and 'Allergy Friendly -- Not' for example). You also install their widget (I think that's what it's called) in your toolbar.

Then you browse the internet.

Whenever you see something you like (clothes, a recipe, a picture of a house, a pantry design, whatever) you 'pin' it to the appropriate board. This way, when you want to go back and find it, you know where it is.

You also give them an idea of the type of things you're interested in when you sign up (out of a 20+ list of categories) and they'll put things into your account feed that they think you might be interested.

You also have the option to 'Follow' another pinner's boards (all of them or just some of them) so that whenever that person pins something, it goes into your feed and you can 'repin' it to your own board.

SUCH AN EXCELLENT WAY TO WASTE TIME!!!!

(I've found a couple of amazing things, though, all kidding aside.)

Sherri

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 8:05 pm
PP gave a great description-- it's basically a virtual pin-board.

If you're not signed in, can you see the following link? http://pinterest.com/about/

3mitzvos

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 8:41 pm
Yeah, I love pinterest. I don't use facebook, I just made up an account and never use it. I've gotten recipe ideas, kids' games/clothing ideas, home decor ideas, many DIY ideas, etc. Thumbs Up for Pinterest.

joy613

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 8:51 pm
3mitzvos wrote:
Yeah, I love pinterest. I don't use facebook, I just made up an account and never use it. I've gotten recipe ideas, kids' games/clothing ideas, home decor ideas, many DIY ideas, etc. Thumbs Up for Pinterest.

Same here. I only made a twitter account for pinterest, and I have found it really useful. I have gotten great ideas for many things. For example, ways to entertain kids: crafts, activities, etc., Also is great if you're in the education field. You can get tons of ideas from others in the same boat.
I find it easy to work, because you basically see just a picture with a short description. If you don't like it, skip. if you like it, you can click on it to redirect you to the link with more detailed info. (usually)

BUT.. .having said that, it can keep you busy for hours on end literally, you can just keep hopping from one board to the next.

crl

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 9:44 pm
You don't need a Facebook or Twitter account...just request an invite and sign up using the email you give them. You can connect them if you want to, or sign up with them but I dont think its mandatory.

yummymummy

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 9:47 pm
I love it too! so many great recipes to try, yom tov ideas, plus all my fantasy boards Wink

3mitzvos

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 10:03 pm
Anyone wanna share their pinterest usernames? I'd love to share pins with other frum ladies out there!

BeershevaBubby

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 10:21 pm
My user name on Pinterest is Devo Sandberg Kessin.

3mitzvos

Post Tue, Aug 07 2012, 9:44 am
mine is: applshmpoo

3mitzvos

Post Tue, Aug 07 2012, 9:46 am
YESHASettler wrote:
My user name on Pinterest is Devo Sandberg Kessin.

couldn't find you. Are you sure it's your username? When you click on your profile, look at the url on top.It should read: http://pinterest.com/USERNAME

BeershevaBubby

Post Tue, Aug 07 2012, 11:34 am
I just followed you.

OldYoung

Post Tue, Aug 07 2012, 12:57 pm
LOVE it! I get so many great home, work and family ides from there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics