Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Hatufim/Prisoners of War

eatingbagels

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 11:05 pm
Anyone else watching this on Hulu? This already aired in Israel in 2010, so if you've watched it there, please no spoilers! What do you think of it? I think the acting is amazing and very very raw.

bigsis144

Post Mon, Aug 06 2012, 11:22 pm
I literally just finished watching the most recently posted episode right before seeing this thread!

Very good, probably the most graphic thing I've ever seen in what I'd imagine is a good portrayal of PTSD. It's very artsy in the color-filters, transitions, camera angles, etc.

There's an American show, Homeland, that I heard is roughly based on this show -- about a POW who returns home and may possibly be a traitor.

eatingbagels

Post Tue, Aug 07 2012, 12:49 am
It's so tragic and so hard not to connect to the characters and feel for them. Even the woman who married her fiancee's brother. I noticed that they didn't have the hallucinating sister in this past episode. Did you notice that too?

eatingbagels

Post Wed, Aug 15 2012, 6:22 pm
Watched the latest episode. I'm so impressed by the acting on that show, I had to google the name of the guy who played Uri. Ishai Golan. He is so flippin incredible! Although all the acting is amazing and so convincing. Wow. Wow. Wow.
Anyone else watching?

sleepwalking

Post Wed, Aug 15 2012, 6:43 pm
Any idea where else I can watch it as I'm not from the US and I can't watch it on Hulu?

wispalover

Post Wed, Aug 15 2012, 6:57 pm
I watch homeland. AWESOME show. Highly recommend it!

rosehill

Post Sun, Sep 16 2012, 9:20 am
I just saw the season finale, and I'm terribly confused, and more than a little disturbed!
Is it OK to post spoilers?
Anyone seen the whole first season who can process this with me?

freidasima

Post Sun, Sep 16 2012, 9:26 am
You don't want to go there, believe me.
The next season is about to start here in EY and we are all waiting for the continuation.

rosehill

Post Sun, Sep 16 2012, 10:02 am
SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!
SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!
SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!

We're not supposed to know how the ending became the ending, right?

But are we supposed to understand the relationship between all those people? Trying to avoid spoilers despite my warning, but did I miss something about the connection between the family with the garage in the Galil, the man who was killed by the drunk driver, and the dying father? Or why two of them had the same photograph in their homes?

And what they all had to do with the scene at the very end?

And why don't I want to go there? I thought I'm exactly supposed to want to go there. Scratching Head Scratching Head

freidasima

Post Sun, Sep 16 2012, 10:35 am
The scene at the end is supposed to connect it all.
The family with the garage in the galil were supposed to have been conduits across the border.
Eli Cohen anyone?

rosehill

Post Sun, Sep 16 2012, 11:33 am
Ah, so the mystery that remains was whether the last thing was forced or voluntary. But they want us to anticipate the next season for that.
Will have a million more questions as I digest that, FS, but you probably have to light candles soon, and I have to cook!
Shanna Tova.

eatingbagels

Post Sun, Sep 16 2012, 2:54 pm
Don't have time to watch it before R'H so not reading the last few replies...still anxious about what happens... Shana Tova everyone!! I hope when the new season starts in Israel it comes directly to Hulu.... Guess it will be at least a few days before I find out what happens!

momosix

Post Wed, Sep 19 2012, 9:02 am
I am watching it on hulu and it haunts me, keeps me up at night. It makes me wonder what we are doing for all the missing Israeli soldiers out there. It motivated me to write an email to an Israeli MK (Hotovely) (never did get a response).

Perhaps with all the chaos in Syria the Israeli government can take advantage of the situation to do something.

I was lucky enough to be in a shul on Rosh Hashana that said a tefillah for the missing soldiers.

May Hashem return them all home quickly and safely.

Any ideas on what we can do for them?

amother

Post Thu, Jun 13 2013, 3:21 pm
1. Were Uri & Nurit married or engaged when he was captured?
2. Is this going to be full of scenes of torture & violence? I watched the 1st 1 1/2 episodes but if they’re going to continue with the flashbacks I don’t think I want to watch any more.

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Jun 13 2013, 4:08 pm
amother wrote:
1. Were Uri & Nurit married or engaged when he was captured?
2. Is this going to be full of scenes of torture & violence? I watched the 1st 1 1/2 episodes but if they’re going to continue with the flashbacks I don’t think I want to watch any more.

1. Engaged
2. There are lots of torture scenes, yes, but I feel like they ease up a little later as the story develops.

penguin

Post Thu, Jun 13 2013, 8:05 pm
So that fact that she spent the night with Uri when he returned is nothing to be surprised at if you're not a naive sheltered frummy, I guess. I just couldn't figure out how she'd have married the brother if they didn't know Uri was alive or not ...but then the insistence that she pretend she's not married is kind of strange (especially when they showed him the newspaper...what, he forgot? Decided to pretend?)

penguin

Post Thu, Jun 13 2013, 8:07 pm
Was it explicit that they weren't married yet? I find I sometimes miss clues. Like in the frum film little sister who marries the widowed BIL - I watched it twice & picked up more the 2nd time. My ivrit is pretty good but some things are so subtle...

LiLIsraeli

Post Thu, Jun 13 2013, 10:15 pm
penguin wrote:
Was it explicit that they weren't married yet? I find I sometimes miss clues. Like in the frum film little sister who marries the widowed BIL - I watched it twice & picked up more the 2nd time. My ivrit is pretty good but some things are so subtle...

Yes, it was pretty explicit - in the beginning, there was a scene with Nurit and Uri talking on the phone right before he was captured, and they were saying things like "when we get married..."

Are you watching with the English subtitles? It makes things so much easier!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics