Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
PUMPKIN PIE SQUARES
Previous  1  2

shayna82

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 12:54 pm
I used to use the mixes, but havent for a while. im trying to rid our hosue of other processed stuff, I feel more healthy myself, and im happy that my kids will be rid of so much food coloring and processed sitting on the shelf stuff. natural tastes soo much better

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 12:55 pm
I usually never bake anything, so on the rare occassion that I make a dessert, I don't care what chemicals or other terrible things are involved. This dessert sounds good Smile

Clarissa

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 1:00 pm
shayna82 wrote:
I used to use the mixes, but havent for a while. im trying to rid our hosue of other processed stuff, I feel more healthy myself, and im happy that my kids will be rid of so much food coloring and processed sitting on the shelf stuff. natural tastes soo much better

I understand what you're saying, and I do feel that when I serve desserts, especially to guests, I want to do something very real. But I remember baking cupcakes for my kid's school birthday party. I did homemade everything, including this kind of fancy icing. The kids liked them, but the adults who ate them were lukewarm. The next year I invited my trusty friend Duncan (or was it Betty?) to do the work for me, and they were a hit. So for kids' parties, I now say, "Bring on the chemicals!"

shayna82

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 1:02 pm
thats funny!

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 1:03 pm
Anytime I have brownies that are really good, I always assume they're from a mix. When I find out they're made from scratch, I'm always so surprised.

Recently, I had some delicious brownies and didn't compliment the person that made them b/c I'd assumed they were DY. I was practically singing praises to the brownie girl after I found out that she'd made them from scratch. They were incredible!!!! (Tasted nearly as good as DY).

Clarissa

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 1:07 pm
I just did a whole bunch of baking to give out treat bags to some nice people as part of my "thank you's." I had a friend over yesterday and made a plate of goodies for her to taste-test (I'd made seven things) and she immediate assumed, even though I bake, that I'd bought at least some of them. I guess that's a compliment, but I hope people know that I baked when I give them out. My mom said I should say, "Please enjoy these homemade treats." Too obvious, maybe, but I would like them to know I was slaving over a hot oven.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Dec 19 2007, 1:29 pm
the pumpkin (vegetable) in this recipe offsets a mix.

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Jan 23 2008, 10:47 am
bump

Rikola

Post Sun, Apr 06 2008, 5:06 pm
My husband insisted I get online and thank you, on his behalf, for this recipe! It was so delicious. I have to figure out the baking times for my oven, the bottom layer of cake practically burned while the knife never actually came out clean. Luckily my hubby likes the burnt layer ... however I look forward to perfecting it. Smile

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Apr 06 2008, 6:57 pm
Smile

Thank you both, very much !!!!!

Newsie

Post Mon, Jan 05 2009, 12:15 pm
I love this recipe and use it a lot when we have guests and I want to make it and freeze it for a big shabbos I'm having. Anyone know if I can freeze something like this? I heard once that pumpkin pie does not freeze well- would you think the same rules apply to this?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jan 05 2009, 2:10 pm
I have frozen pumkin pie and it's fine. I see no difference why this wouldn't be good frozen too.

cookielady

Post Mon, Jan 05 2009, 2:22 pm
I have a similar recipe that is great, but it does not freeze well. I love freezing stuff when I can, but this recipe, when frozen, the taste and texture changes.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes