Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
ISO pediatrician in or near queens

ange

Post Mon, Aug 20 2012, 5:51 pm
Anyone have a great pediatric practice to recommend in or near queens?

I have switched form Hurwitz and Klein, and met dr. Haas and for various reasons I was not impressed with the practices. I hesitate to try forest hills because parking is so difficult.

I am looking for a warm doctor, including a pleasant office staff. I also need convenient hours, such as weekend or evening as options for when the daytime does not work. I plan on giving my younger kids a delayed or minimal vaccination schedule (the older ones got them all prior to my new philosophy) so it would have to be someone who is at least not going to force me to vaccinate an infant.

Any ideas? I would even try great neck or bayside if it's a good practice.

Thanks.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 20 2012, 7:51 pm
ange wrote:

I have switched form Hurwitz and Klein, and met dr. Haas and for various reasons I was not impressed with the practices. I hesitate to try forest hills because parking is so difficult.

I am looking for a warm doctor, including a pleasant office staff. I also need convenient hours, such as weekend or evening as options for when the daytime does not work. I plan on giving my younger kids a delayed or minimal vaccination schedule (the older ones got them all prior to my new philosophy) so it would have to be someone who is at least not going to force me to vaccinate an infant.

Thanks.

Why didn't you go to KGH pediatrics? I loved them after interviewing the other docs including Hurwitz and Klein. All the docs have different personalities, so diff people like different ones but dr. Greenmayer was great, really easy, pro nursing and more "natural"

amother

Post Mon, Aug 20 2012, 7:51 pm
ange wrote:

Thanks.

Why didn't you go to KGH pediatrics? I loved them after interviewing the other docs including Hurwitz and Klein. All the docs have different personalities, so diff people like different ones but dr. Greenmayer was great, really easy, pro nursing and more "natural"

ange

Post Mon, Aug 20 2012, 8:04 pm
Is that dr goldsteins practice? What are they like? Is the staff nice...easel to schedule appointments, etc.

Who should I schedule the appointment with...not familiar with the doctors in the practice.

Thanks

amother

Post Mon, Aug 20 2012, 8:15 pm
ange wrote:
Is that dr goldsteins practice? What are they like? Is the staff nice...easel to schedule appointments, etc.

Who should I schedule the appointment with...not familiar with the doctors in the practice.

Thanks

Yes, that's Dr. Goldstein's practice. The practice is really wonderful and they'll always squeeze you in if you're sick. Also, I've never really waited. If you're a Sahm, make appts. at 1pm, right after lunch. You'll get in at 1.

There are several docs - all diff and when I interviewed them, dr. G said to try them all out and choose what's the best for my personality.

Dr. Goldstein - a REALLY sweet man. Will hug and kiss your baby. Speaks really fast but really caring, sweet, there for you kind of doctor.

Dr. Levine - more curt both with you and kids but puts it out there and tells it like it is. Also known to be REALLY supportive of parents. I had trouble getting my baby to sleep and was relaly losing my mind, he told me what to do and told me to call him every afternoon to tell him how it was going and what to do the next day. SAVED ME.

Dr. Hoch. I went to her a lot at one point. But stopped due to bed side manner. She's totally medically fine if you have to go to her, and I went for a LONG time at one point but would rather go to someone else.

Dr. Green-Mayer is awesome. She's sweet and kind and nice and cool. She has young kids. She nursed, she's just cool.

All of the doctors are good if you want to space out shots and they know allergies. I don't know why but I felt for some reason that Dr. Green-Mayer was a little more natural, but I can't put my finger on why.

They have appointments on Sunday and they're all really nice. Also, if you call them, they'll always have a doc call back or if you just have a medication question or a little question, you can ask to talk to a nurse right then.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics