Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Row of bites on ds arm

amother

Post Fri, Aug 31 2012, 4:38 pm
My ds woke up yesterday with 6bites on his arm on a row, near his hand. Today he woke up with a few more in the same row of bites. I checked his bed and I don't see any bugs. No one else in the family has it. We were in a hotel this week but checked and didn't see any bed bugs.
We did have a mosquito in the house after we came back home.
So my question is could this be mosquito bites or os it for sure bed bites?
I called the dr abd waiting for a call back.
Freaking out....

faigie

Post Sat, Sep 01 2012, 9:54 pm
classic bedugs symptoms.....sorry............Sad

zaq

Post Sat, Sep 01 2012, 10:42 pm
yep. bedbugs bite in rows. skeeters do not.
bedbugs are hide 'n' seek champions. that's why they have bedbug sniffing dogs--because the critters can hide in the tiniest crevices like between floorboards, inside the joints of the bed frame, and behind switchplates. Your best bet finding them in action is to go into the room in the dark, pull off the blanket and and shine a flashlight on the person in the bed.

amother

Post Sat, Sep 01 2012, 11:03 pm
Spiders also bite in rows, but if there are more in the same place, and you were just at a hotel, it's probably bed bugs. Check along all the seams of the matresses, backs of mirrors and picture frames, and corners between walls and ceiling. We had bed bugs last year, and no one got bites! But we found a few in each of those places.
Don't worry, it's easy to get rid of them if you catch them fast. We did some research and found that heat treatment is the best way to go. Wasn't fun, but definitely did the job- and as a plus it got rid of ALL the bugs in the house.

amother

Post Sun, Sep 02 2012, 1:58 pm
Op here,
So I took my son to the doctor and showed him the bites and Surprise... It's poison ivy. Which makes sense because he was planning in the backyard and cleaning the weeds. Boruch Hashem! I am so relieved.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics