Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
FOOD STAMPS. Feel free to ask Eligibility Worker any questio
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Boni

Post Sun, Jan 13 2013, 4:33 pm
amother wrote:
if one gets paid for extra work he did for 1 month does one have to report it?

Please refer to reporting responsibilities implemented in your county, in my county people complete quarterly reports and if that income received out of the report month they don't have to report it. Even though if you still have to report that income, submit a verification from the employer or self declaration that it was one time only. One time only income won't affect future months benefits.

timeout

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 2:26 pm
My husbands boss wants to give him a raise but I don't want to lose insurance for me or the kids, how do I see the maximum amounts. We are a family of 5 and I am I'H due in 2 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

busydev

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 2:29 pm
timeout wrote:
My husbands boss wants to give him a raise but I don't want to lose insurance for me or the kids, how do I see the maximum amounts. We are a family of 5 and I am I'H due in 2 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

where do u live? you should be able to find it pretty easily (I could find them for you if u say what state)

timeout

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 2:57 pm
Brooklyn NY

busydev

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 3:05 pm
timeout wrote:
Brooklyn NY

acc to my quick google search to the NY medicaid website (http://www.health.ny.gov/health_care/medicaid/#qualify)

as of Jan 2012 families of 5 have an income limit of $1,450/month

bear in mind that if you are pregnant often that counts as an additional family member which puts you at $1,582/month

and under that... levels for pregnant women are higher looks like

$4,502/month for family of 5
$5,162/month for family of 6

timeout

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 3:40 pm
That doesn't make sense my husband is making more than that now and we all have insurance??

wtvr

Post Mon, Feb 04 2013, 3:45 pm
It's possible you have Family Health Plus, which has a higher limit.

http://www.health.ny.gov/healt.....n.htm

The Medicaid numbers and details are here http://www.health.ny.gov/healt.....alify

amother

Post Thu, Apr 18 2013, 11:30 pm
DAAAAARRRRRGH! I hope OP is still around here answering questions because I sure could use some advice quickish!

DH, without telling me, procrastinated depositing a bunch of checks for a while and then deposited them in the bank just a week ago. Right in between my own paychecks, which are meager and come just over a month apart. Of course, today I get a recertification application in the mail. AFAIK I need to send proof of my income for the last 4 weeks. Now, I can go months seeing hardly any money at all and punkt they need to send me this thing exactly when I have $5000 coming into my account within the same four weeks?! For the record, that amount of money in that time span has not happened to me in at least a year, and when it did it was similarly because someone owed me several months of back pay.

I hope IY"H that within a few months from now I will legitimately disqualify from food stamps because of an anticipated improvement in the employment situation here, but until that happens I was really counting on this because it will be hard to suddenly make that leap and not qualify for anything anymore, so I can hardly afford to start paying extra now even before the additional income comes in. Get what I mean? Because now I really do qualify. If DH had deposited that money as it came in the way he was supposed to, it would have been crystal clear that we do not make anywhere remotely near $5000 a month!

Is there anything I can do about this?! The renewal application needs to be sent back ASAP, I don't know why they give you so little turnaround time, it just showed up in my mailbox today and if they don't have it back within something like a week and a half then you're finished! I was planning to be finished soon but I wasn't ready to be finished right now!!!

Please help!

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Apr 19 2013, 10:07 am
Proof of income shouldn't have to be bank statements I would assume. Show paystubs, or if you don't have that, images of the checks which are dated in the proper time frame, so instead of 5000/month, they will see 1250 every 2 weeks or whatever it is.

amother

Post Fri, Apr 19 2013, 10:20 am
is there a limit you can have in your bank account at a time when u have medicaid n food stamps?

Mama Bear

Post Fri, Apr 19 2013, 11:28 am
yes it has nothing ot do with what deposits you made when - you just have to send in the paystubs of the past month, regardless of what deposits you made in the bank, unless they ask for a bank statement.

amother

Post Fri, Apr 19 2013, 12:08 pm
I'm the question poster, and I don't have paystubs because we're self employed. So in the past they always asked for bank statements.

The silly thing is I just realized the previous big deposit was just OVER four weeks ago, so the past 4 weeks are still OK, but my bank statement is from the span of dates that includes both. I did an online search to show records from just the past 4 weeks, but the results don't show my personal info on the page so there's no way to show that that's from my account.

OP who works for food stamps, would that work, to print out a search of the last 4 weeks?

And to top it off, in case I was thinking of feeling rich for depositing $5000 within one month, we have an unexpected large car repair expense just now. The L-rd giveth and the L-rd taketh away, blessed be the L-rd. What can I tell you, I know people like to judge but believe me if I were actually making that kind of money I would gladly pay for my own food. And BE"H, BE"H soon we will be but not now and if we have to keep spending money we don't have this hole is just going to get harder to dig out of

amother

Post Mon, Apr 22 2013, 3:23 am
Same amother: LOL. Man plans and G-d laughs. I go on my bank website to see if I can print out the last 4 weeks, which don't include the first deposit, so should be nicely within the limits. And guess what's waiting for me there? My tax refund! Yay, this will help with the car repair (let's not think about how it would have preferred to help with next year's tuition...) OP, will my tax refund count against me as income?! Help! I really need to get this in the mail today!

wtvr

Post Mon, Apr 22 2013, 12:28 pm
Tax refund does not count towards income.

Boni

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 9:16 pm
Tax refund - resources

amother

Post Tue, Apr 23 2013, 9:20 pm
Thanks. I sent what I have, now waiting and hoping for the best... not wasting prayers, though, rather pray for DH to get a job already and not need to deal with this Tongue Out

amother

Post Mon, Apr 29 2013, 4:24 pm
I just got a letter that I no longer qualify for foos stamps because we earn 50 dollars over the limit. The problem is that my salary fluctuates since I work fee for service and my pay changes week to week. Will they accept that as an excuse? I was hoping that I would start working full time and then no longer need to rely on food stamps but right now I really need it!
Thank you!

amother

Post Mon, Aug 05 2013, 11:22 pm
I hope boni is still around to help cuz I can really use the help right now!

I am earning way below the required income for a family my size (7) but I never actually applied for food stamps because I thought I would not pass the asset test because of the tax refund that gets deposited into my account- which is a sizable amount because of the eictc- and it slowly disappears over the course of the year. now I read that somebody mentioned previously that tax refund is counted as resources- is that true?

also another issue- our maine source of income is from an institution that does not pay on time or consistently. I could go three months without a check (although officially I get paid every two weeks) think a yeshiva that is struggling Smile so instead of constantly paying interest on my credit cards and going on overdraft on my accounts- my father created an account of his money that I am able to access if I need to- sort of like a slush fund, the money is not mine- is it considered mine (with regard to assests) being that I have access to it?

amother

Post Mon, Aug 05 2013, 11:33 pm
Is parsonage counted differently for FS? It is for Medicaid (only $500 of a parsonaged salary are counted as income).

Thanks!

amother

Post Mon, Aug 05 2013, 11:54 pm
Hi
My family has been in fs, but now due to dhs job we no longer qualify bh, dh started this job July 31and out account is usually replenished on the 2nd. On the first of August I faxed in a letter stating that dh started a new job and that we now longer qualify and that I will send copies of pay stubs when we get them. But On August 2nd my account was replenished. My question is can I use these benefits or any benefits they keep giving me until someone cancels them or will I get Billed for this month or any future months?

Thank you.
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics