Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Which agency is the best to work for as a SEIT?
1  2  Next

naomi2

Post Sun, Sep 02 2012, 10:14 pm
I'd like to know which one pays the best and is not overly difficult to work for.

runninglate

Post Tue, Sep 04 2012, 11:10 am
most pay approximately the same. I find yeled vyalda very easy to work for.

forever21

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 8:35 pm
whichever agency has a case for you! I like integrated.

zzzz

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 9:12 pm
paper work for yeled v'yalda is a breeze.

queenofhearts515

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 9:57 pm
Just curious- what is paperwork like for yeled v'yalda? I can't stand writing session notes and doing paperwork for my agency (but that could be because I'm a huge procrastinator embarrassed )

Ashrei

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 11:29 pm
my son's seit is with many agencies since ei has changed. rather than a few children many times a week, it's many children, perhaps once a week or month or something. from the client's point of view, step by step is the best agency for us.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 10 2012, 11:56 pm
What I'd like to know is: What agency in NY is hiring now? they keep saying they have no cases...

bookworm10

Post Sun, Oct 21 2012, 10:18 am
I am also looking for SEIT work. So far everyone has no cases.... does anyone know any agency that is hiring?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Sun, Oct 21 2012, 5:34 pm
I'm also looking for work, and currently collecting unemployment. Shema Koleinu and HASC both advertised that they're looking for SEIT providers, but I have a feeling they don't actually have cases at the moment.
Quote:
my son's seit is with many agencies since ei has changed. rather than a few children many times a week, it's many children, perhaps once a week or month or something. from the client's point of view, step by step is the best agency for us.

EI special ed is not referred to as SEIT. SEIT is ages 3 & 4 (CPSE). And Step by Step provides EI services, not CPSE.

seeker

Post Sun, Oct 21 2012, 5:37 pm
HASC was advertising specifically bilingual...

runninglate

Post Mon, Oct 22 2012, 11:00 pm
has anyone ever worked for hasc? Are all their cases with the down syndrome population?

amother

Post Mon, Oct 22 2012, 11:14 pm
runninglate wrote:
has anyone ever worked for hasc? Are all their cases with the down syndrome population?

No.

runninglate

Post Wed, Oct 24 2012, 7:35 pm
does anyone have experience working for hasc? Redgoldfish, what makes you think that? Why would they be advertising if they had no cases?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Oct 24 2012, 9:28 pm
It seems agencies tend to advertise although they do not have cases at the time so that when cases come in they have a list of people they can call. Maybe their current therapists are almost all full? Whatever it is, I sent them my resume about a week ago and no one called me yet- and previously, when they advertised and I sent my resume, they didn't call me then, either.
I would suggest faxing or emailing your resume to Yeled v'Yalda, Omni, StrivRight, Integrated, HASC, Shema Kolainu, E&D Child Center, and maybe Aim High (not too many local or frum kids), A Helping Hand (small and not too many cases), Island Child (located in Far Rockaway but may have some cases but don't pay too well), and then calling them weekly, say you sent them your resume and were wondering if they have any cases available. Also, a new agency advertised in one of the local circulars (maybe the Weekly Link?) with a 347 number to call. Good luck! And since I'm also looking, if you're offered a case and you can't take it, PM me- maybe I'll be interested!

runninglate

Post Thu, Nov 01 2012, 8:33 pm
I also emailed my resume to hasc, and got no response. Does anyone have a phone number for them?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 18 2012, 8:30 pm
I'm getting really frustrated! I got a partial case load at the beginning of the year ( yeled vyalda) and not a thing since then! I am working for them a few years already.... Has anyone had recent luck with a specific agency?

amother

Post Sun, Nov 18 2012, 8:51 pm
Quote:
I'm getting really frustrated! I got a partial case load at the beginning of the year ( yeled vyalda) and not a thing since then! I am working for them a few years already.... Has anyone had recent luck with a specific agency?
Be grateful you have what you have! Cases are e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y slow this year. The Board of Ed is cutting down, and the market is flooded with therapists. I still have nothing, and am collecting unemployment.

amother

Post Sun, Nov 18 2012, 10:43 pm
amother wrote:
Quote:
Be grateful you have what you have! Cases are e-x-t-r-e-m-e-l-y slow this year. The Board of Ed is cutting down, and the market is flooded with therapists. I still have nothing, and am collecting unemployment.
sometimes I think I wld be doing better financially on unemployment!

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Nov 19 2012, 10:44 am
Quote:

LOL! I sometimes think so too! I currently don't have to pay for a babysitter since I'm not working, I decided to stop my cleaning help since I'm home, I'm getting almost the equivelant of 10 hours of SEIT in unemployment benefits, AND I don't have to go out and work! But DH isn't too happy about it.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 19 2012, 10:45 am
Quote:

LOL! I sometimes think so too! I currently don't have to pay for a babysitter since I'm not working, I decided to stop my cleaning help since I'm home, I'm getting almost the equivelant of 10 hours of SEIT in unemployment benefits, AND I don't have to go out and work! But DH isn't too happy about it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics