Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
Which agency is the best to work for as a SEIT?
Previous  1  2

amother

Post Mon, Dec 03 2012, 4:45 pm
anyone have luck lately? I still haven't filled up my caseload....

Torah

Post Tue, Jan 21 2014, 3:44 pm
It's important to be careful when signing up with an agency. It's very slow this year, so if it sounds too good to be true, it is too good to be true. The agencies that people mentioned are reputable agencies. This year, I gave up all of my previous work for what seemed like an amazing opportunity of a lifetime to work for an agency that offered full-time, salaried seit work with health insurance. I should have had a clue what they were like when they offered an amount that was incredible, more money than I ever have earned and went back on their word and said that they couldn't do this and make money. They came back with $25, 000 less per year, which still was amazing to me. I accepted it and worked for about 3 months giving my whole heart and soul, turning down other offers. At this point, they called everyone and broke their contract, saying that they didn't get the cases that they thought they were going to get. They wanted to redo the contract. I came in to sign a new contract and signed it. I was told that they were going to just get a signature and make a copy. They came back with yet an additional $1, 000/month less than the new amount. I said that I wanted to think about it and decided still to sign it. The amount kept decreasing, saying that they made a mistake. The bottom line now is that I no longer am working for them and find myself in the middle of the school year looking for work. These are frum people, too. They also never provided the insurance that they promised. I can't say the name of the agency, but feel that I should at least warn people that if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true. If anyone hears of any seit or p3 in a school in the a.m., please let me know.

forever21

Post Tue, Jan 21 2014, 4:08 pm
Perhaps maybe you should say the name of the agency. If you already signed a contract with them and they wanted to redo the contract why did you have to go with that? A contract is a contract and you couldve kept to the original contract,no? Perhaps im not understanding it clearly.

Torah

Post Tue, Jan 21 2014, 4:33 pm
There of course was a clause in the contract giving either the agency or provider the option of backing out or breaking the contract. Never mind ethics or whether it was right to reward loyal, hardworking providers (with excellent paperwork that was submitted way before it was due and was so well done that it was used as a model for other seits). This agency also required that lesson plans be submitted on Sunday before midnight before the services are provided.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics