Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
First names that go with Anshel?

amother

Post Tue, Sep 04 2012, 8:12 pm
Hello all.

I will be having my first child very soon. B'H my pregnancy has been very easy so far (bli ayin hara) with only a bit of nausea and lower back pain as my due date approaches. My apartment has been full of relatives and in-laws for the past week, and my MIL is especially enthusiastic. She's hoping very much for a grandson, and has been dropping hints that she would like us to name our boy Anshel after DH's father a'h if we have one.

Because FIL was very close to my DH we agreed that we would give our baby Anshel as a second name and choose our own first. The problem is that I'm not sure how well the names we had been considering (Samson or Raphael for Rav Hirsch or Yitzhak for my grandfather a'h) go with Anshel.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Maya

Post Tue, Sep 04 2012, 8:15 pm
The combination I hear most often is Asher Anshel.

amother

Post Tue, Sep 04 2012, 8:16 pm
Maya wrote:

I like the sound of that, but Asher is DH's name! LOL

friendsrus

Post Tue, Sep 04 2012, 8:26 pm
I have heard of the combination of Meir Anshel

B"H YOM YOM

Post Tue, Sep 04 2012, 9:19 pm
Asher Anshel actually is a combination name. They are accepted as such with Anshel being sort of the Yiddish equivelent to Asher. But Asher is your DH's name and in either case, if you do not plan on calling your child Anshel, why not just pick any first name you like? It does not have to 'flow' at all. B'shaah tova :)

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Sep 04 2012, 9:56 pm
zg wrote:
I have heard of the combination of Meir Anshel

I think that was the name of the original Rothschild.

rachelbg

Post Tue, Sep 04 2012, 10:08 pm
I think Refoel Anshel sounds great!

anonymom

Post Tue, Sep 04 2012, 10:21 pm
B"H YOM YOM wrote:
Asher Anshel actually is a combination name. They are accepted as such with Anshel being sort of the Yiddish equivelent to Asher. But Asher is your DH's name and in either case, if you do not plan on calling your child Anshel, why not just pick any first name you like? It does not have to 'flow' at all. B'shaah tova Smile

Of course it has to flow. He'll use it when he is called up to the Torah.

jemappelle

Post Tue, Sep 04 2012, 10:26 pm
Meir and Chaim are two of the very popular add on names that "go" with virtually any other name. (we used the lakewood directory (phone book) as a "reference" of sorts when we were looking for a second name for one of our children).
Find out about naming after two different people combined though, I believe not everyone does that.
B'shaa Tova!

naomi2

Post Tue, Sep 04 2012, 10:59 pm
amother wrote:
Maya wrote:

I like the sound of that, but Asher is DH's name! LOL

lol! I thought of that combination too....oh well
also, if above poster is correct that asher=anshel in a different language then you may have a problem being that your husbands name is asher. so maybe ask a rav abt. that
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names