Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
3 month old stopped sleeping through the night!

Mirabelle

Post Mon, Jan 08 2007, 10:11 pm
My 3 month old started sleeping through the night at 7 weeks. It was such a mechiyah! Then all of a sudden in the last week she has begun waking up at 4 or 5 am. Uusually we can give her a pacifier and she goes back to bed until 6, but then she is totally awake. She used to sleep until 7:30 or 8, and sometimes even 9. Does anyone have any idea what is going on here? She doesnt appear to be sick in anyway.
By the way, we bottle feed her and right now she is taking the max amount of formula a day along with rice cereal once a day, so I dont think she is hungry...

smiley:)

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 1:29 am
She's just being a normal 3 month old. It was great while it lasted, but it didn't last. Mine is 1 1/2 yrs old and doesnt always sleep through the night. Just happens.

TzenaRena

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 1:47 am
Two possibilities:

Have you been putting her to bed earlier?

She can be having a growth spurt. with nursing babies it's obvious, baby wakes and nurses, and milk supply increases. I don't know how it works with bottle fed babies, but I'm sure they also have growth spurts. Smile 3 months is the age!

amother

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 2:19 am
that's so typical for three month olds. also they begin "teething" now, which means that even though their teeth won't come in for a while, they start feeling the discomfor a little bit. also, at three months, they are more easily stimulated than before, so they wake up more because they are stimulated more. just make sure the room is dark and quiet. but still.....it's normal at this age.

nehama

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 2:30 am
Smiley, what do you do?

Mine's 14 months and not sleeping through the night, and I'm open to suggestions!

smiley:)

Post Tue, Jan 09 2007, 2:42 am
Nehama-
Mine is almost 18 months. Not to worry. It is getting somewhat better. Now he usually wakes once a night or not at all.
how do you put him/her to bed at night?
Is s/he nursing or having bottles? What do you do when s/he wakes? How much does s/he wake? How long does s/he sleep at night and during the day? Truth is mine only started sleeping better around 14 months, then we went to america and it got messed up and took about a month to get back on track.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics