Home

Left carrots out overnight...wwyd?

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Report offensive ad

Shopmiami49

Post Posted: Wed, Sep 12 2012, 2:17 am       Post subject: Left carrots out overnight...wwyd?
I cooked a lot of thinly sliced carrots with oil and salt yesterday evening...and forgot to put them away. They smell fine, but I know that is not always a determining factor in spoilage of food...

Is there anything about them that could actually make them bad? The fact that they are cooked? My kitchen was not hot, but not very cool either.

What do you think I should do?

FranticFrummie

Post Posted: Wed, Sep 12 2012, 4:49 am       Post subject: re: Left carrots out overnight...wwyd?
They'll be fine. Oil prevents contact with air, and salt is a natural preservative.

Happy18

Post Posted: Wed, Sep 12 2012, 7:47 am       Post subject: re: Left carrots out overnight...wwyd?
I would assume they are fine.

shnitzel

Post Posted: Wed, Sep 12 2012, 9:05 am       Post subject: re: Left carrots out overnight...wwyd?
I would throw them out.

The salt won't preserve them unless there is a lot of it and cooked vegetable go bad fairly easily. There is a decent chance they are fine but it isn't worth the risk. Food does not need to smell off to make you sick.

Shopmiami49

Post Posted: Thu, Sep 13 2012, 5:56 am       Post subject: re: Left carrots out overnight...wwyd?
thanks...any other opinions?

lshap

Post Posted: Thu, Sep 13 2012, 6:00 am       Post subject: re: Left carrots out overnight...wwyd?
I'd taste them
View previous topic :: View next topic

View latest: 24h 48h 72h

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Page 1 of 1