Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Babysitting dilemma

amother

Post Thu, Sep 20 2012, 10:47 pm
After recently losing my former job and having a babysitter this summer, I'm finally starting to work again--but a self-employed route so my hours are a bit hodge-podged right now. I'm trying to get a babysitter. My problem is that I have 2 kids and I really can't afford to have a full-time babysitter by myself, but my older son is 21 months and a live-wire! He gets into everything that's not out of reach and he's at the age when he doesn't play well with other children (and vice versa)! He's a full-time job by himself and I also have an infant! There are days when myself or my husband feel like we can't handle both of them together (especially since infant isn't taking a bottle--but that's another story), and the only way we can afford a babysitter is by splitting half (ideally 2 kids), but how do I go about this with such an active child? I really want him to have an opportunity to play in someone else's house at least a couple days a week to get a change of scenery from our 1-bdrm apt--especially with winter around the corner, and perhaps find a friend to play with to help him with his social skills, but how do I convince other prospective parents about this arrangement?

Any suggestions?

zigi

Post Thu, Sep 20 2012, 10:56 pm
look for mothers that have close to the same age at home they can babysit for you. net work to see if another mother is interested in sharing sitters, or a small play group 3 kids or less

anonymom

Post Thu, Sep 20 2012, 10:56 pm
maybe put your location in your subject line. Hatzlacha.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics