Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Good pediatric ENT in Brooklyn. NOT amerchoice
1  2  Next

amother

Post Mon, Sep 24 2012, 6:56 pm
Looking for a good ENT, who knows his field well, and is nice to patients.
I don't want somebody who will push surgery the first second.

I have good insurance so I can really go to anyone.

Cookies n Cream

Post Mon, Sep 24 2012, 6:57 pm
Dr. Vangerovich.
Part of the offices of Drs Vastola Weiss and Lagmay. They are associated with Maimonidies.
He happens to accept Americhoice, but He's excellent.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 24 2012, 7:20 pm
Thanks cookies.
I did read through some old threads, and many people complain about Vastola. Should I specifically ask for Vangerovich?

Anyone else please?

B"H YOM YOM

Post Mon, Sep 24 2012, 7:27 pm
Echo referral service: Brooklyn-718 859 9800.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 24 2012, 8:05 pm
B"H YOM YOM wrote:
Echo referral service: Brooklyn-718 859 9800.

Thank BH- but I'd like to hear personal recommendations from posters here who used ENTs.

forever21

Post Mon, Sep 24 2012, 8:05 pm
If so many ppl complain about vestola then how come hes always booked solid? I used him and was happy. I actually need to make an appt with him for my child.

MimiMommy

Post Mon, Sep 24 2012, 8:13 pm
I used Vastola and was happy with him. He's not super-friendly but he's very nice, calm, and seems to know his stuff. He's experienced. He did surgery on my son (it was definitely needed, and I got a 2nd opinion for that). I took my daughter to him and he said he doesn't want to push surgery for her. I'm happy with my experience in his office.

B"H YOM YOM

Post Mon, Sep 24 2012, 8:19 pm
Okay, so I used Goldsmith (now in Maimo) and was happy but the wait to sched an appt is long (usually) and if you want to come in when kid sick so he could see child then...forget it. (People have been happy with Wiedeger and Ruffy as well). But since you have good insurance perhaps there are others that ECHO can rec. Good luck!

amother

Post Mon, Sep 24 2012, 8:21 pm
O here.

My pediatrician recommended someone Palgon. But I haven't heard anyone who used him.

Did anyone hear of him? Or her?

amother

Post Mon, Sep 24 2012, 8:36 pm
I know a few people who are very happy with Dr Jay Dolitsky- his office is not in brooklyn though- it is in manhattan or long island I think? he does not accept medicaid insurances.

I really like Dr Goldsmith. he is located in brooklyn and he does accept some medicaid insurances.

I was not happy with Dr Ruffy. imho, he is like any other medicaid clinic with long waits and mediocre care.

Skippy!!

Post Mon, Sep 24 2012, 8:48 pm
I used Dr Sheldon Palagon for my daughter and was very happy. He gives you all the time you need to ask questions and he explains everything very well. He's very soft spoken and nice. He's not the haughty type of doctor.

bnm

Post Mon, Sep 24 2012, 9:37 pm
My ped said to use Dolitsky if he takes our insurance, unfortunately he didn't.

Cookies n Cream

Post Mon, Sep 24 2012, 11:26 pm
Cookies n Cream wrote:
Dr. Vangerovich.
Part of the offices of Drs Vastola Weiss and Lagmay. They are associated with Maimonidies.

Yes, I also read the negative reviews about Vastola and found it surprising as he's always booked like another poster mentioned. I never used him though, so I don't know.
I would definitely recommend Vangerovich, I used him for tubes and for an absess.
I was very impressed, and my doctor recommends him.

When you make an appointment you need to make it with a specific doctor so I always make it with him.

bnm

Post Mon, Sep 24 2012, 11:32 pm
Cookies n Cream wrote:
Cookies n Cream wrote:
Dr. Vangerovich.

Yes, I also read the negative reviews about Vastola and found it surprising as he's always booked like another poster mentioned. I never used him though, so I don't know.
I would definitely recommend Vangerovich, I used him for tubes and for an absess.
I was very impressed, and my doctor recommends him.

When you make an appointment you need to make it with a specific doctor so I always make it with him.

when you call Vastola he gives you an appointment the same week, all the others make you wait 3 months. so we tried our luck while we waited for the one we really wanted. when I told the ped what Vastola said he also agreed we need to go see someone else

interestedbrooklyn

Post Tue, Sep 25 2012, 7:19 am
Dr. Dolitsky is in the city - he is with ENT and Allergy group (I know you said Brooklyn but if you take the train it is really easy to get there and if you drive there is a parking lot across the street) and is great. We were very happy with him. He is nice, his office is nice, he doesn't push for surgery.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 14 2012, 11:11 am
Bump, for any more recommendation? I want to book an appt NOW.

Anyone else can relate their experience?

B"H YOM YOM

Post Wed, Nov 14 2012, 11:31 am
Hi again. You had some nice recomendations here. Did you not like any of these choices? Well, I will reiterate that Dr. Goldsmith is excellent, a REAL mentch and although he does take medicaid, many, many of his patients come with private insurance to see him-718-283-6260 (btw, this is also the number for Vengarovich and Vastola). He now works out of Maimonides. Dr. Wiedeger, Dr. Ruffy have their folowing as does Dr. Rosenfeld (works out of LICH). Good luck!

amother

Post Wed, Nov 14 2012, 11:37 am
B"H YOM YOM wrote:
Hi again. You had some nice recomendations here. Did you not like any of these choices? Well, I will reiterate that Dr. Goldsmith is excellent, a REAL mentch and although he does take medicaid, many, many of his patients come with private insurance to see him-718-283-6260 (btw, this is also the number for Vengarovich and Vastola). He now works out of Maimonides. Dr. Wiedeger, Dr. Ruffy have their folowing as does Dr. Rosenfeld (works out of LICH). Good luck!

Thanks.
I am considering of of the above(in Brooklyn, not manhattan), but am confused about Vastola and Vangarovich. Which dr is the better one? How is the office? I think I'll use of of them.

B"H YOM YOM

Post Wed, Nov 14 2012, 11:53 am
Vastola and Vengarovich have an office with 2 other ENT's (adult only). Goldsmith's office is attached to theirs (the next door over). V and V see both adults and peds. Goldsmith is peds only. Can only give you rec on the one I used and liked. (Including surgery).

amother

Post Wed, Nov 14 2012, 12:19 pm
BH, thanks so much.

Now you're convincing me toward Goldsmith because he's peds only. I like that.

Anyone else can tell me who's best between Vastola, Vangerovich, and Goldsmith?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics