Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays
Is anyone else missing those 3 day yom tovs???
1  2  Next

baba

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 7:39 am
Is it just me, or is a 3 day yom tov starting to sound appealing?
I cant take it anymore. Every day it's either chag or preparing for the next one.
And it aint over any time soon!

shosh

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 7:41 am
No - I always remember why it's so good to be living in Israel when I think of those two day and three days stretches abroad and my childhood memories of crushing boredom and overeating!!!!

thanks

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 8:12 am
I also like the three day yom tovs. I find it's always erev something this way!

Liba

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 8:19 am
Very Happy Even the Israelis get three day yom tov next year. I am personally happy about it. Lets see if the enthusiasm lasts until next yom tov season comes though.

Marion

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 8:21 am
I can handle it once...but not 3 times. Yes, it's a bit of a pain the erev...erev...erev...but at least I have time to wash the white shirts in between.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 8:23 am
Yeah, this way almost feels like a four day yom tov, especially with yom kippur, then shabbos, then sukkos. I take my dining room table cloth motzei shabbos, but the last time I did that two shabbosos before rosh hashana and I plan on taking it off again the shabbos after simchas torah. One day after the next is yom tov. I do love yom tov, but it is stressful.

chocolate chips

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 8:28 am
I love 2 day yom tov but I hate this.
Its like erev, one day work, erev, one day work its madness!
At least now I am done for sukkos but its like I was so busy for sukos and suddenly last night I was like SHABBOS!!

Lol

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 8:33 am
Im with shosh, I love living in Israel so that there is ONE day for most chagim. 3 day ym tovs? I cant stand that.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 8:41 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Im with shosh, I love living in Israel so that there is ONE day for most chagim. 3 day ym tovs? I cant stand that.
I think next RH is a 3-day marathon. Again.

shosh

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 8:48 am
Tamiri wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:

Oh no! The kids will be with their dad then, as well!!!!!!

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 8:51 am
Tamiri wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Instead of the like button I need a hate button for that. Three day yom tovs are the worst for so many reasons. oh well, thats life, right?

yo'ma

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 8:56 am
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Tamiri wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Instead of the like button I need a hate button for that. Three day yom tovs are the worst for so many reasons. oh well, thats life, right?

I know this has nothing to do with Israel, but my dh always asks why can't they eliminate the second day of yom tov in chutz la'aretz?

Tamiri

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 9:09 am
yo'ma wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Tamiri wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:

I know this has nothing to do with Israel, but my dh always asks why can't they eliminate the second day of yom tov in chutz la'aretz?
Because the decision makers are dead. That's why you wear stockings and a sheital too. We are allowed to add, but not take away. What's been decreed can't be changed without thier say-so. Change is bad.

cm

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 9:17 am
yo'ma wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Tamiri wrote:
shabbatiscoming wrote:

I ask the same question. I'm accustomed to 2-day YT and don't really mind it, but it does seem that with today's astronomy we don't need the second day - and it wouldn't it be proper to celebrate the holidays as intended?

Three-day marathons are like a time warp. It's a challenge even to know what day it is after a while.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 10:46 am
Yes, I said last year already when we had them that I would prefer those!!!!

bnm

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 10:59 am
we had this discussion in chat last night. we all agreed we would prefer 3 day yom tov to this on/off/on thing.

boysrus

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 11:55 am
My personal opinion: I really always love yomtov, and yes I always am the one to host, we never go away for yomtov. Two comments:1) the cooking can get a bit much , but I temper it by doing lots of salads or soups for starters and never more than three courses. 2) yomtov is a great time for family time whether it is two days or three I love it all. I am not competing with dh's ipad, or the kids handheld computer games. there is also time to sit and play adn learn together and spend quality time with my baby.

I LOVE YOMTOV!!!!

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 12:17 pm
It might be too late, but doubling up and preparing ahead helps. Especially for next Shabbos. If you can keep the prep light for Shabbos because it's in the freezer, fridge, boxes etc., even if you end up spending time cooking for yom tov it'll seem easier.

Raisin

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 12:32 pm
I made 3 batches of challa today, and some other stuff for yom tov. Quiet shabbos so we are having one course meals.

saw50st8

Post Fri, Sep 28 2012, 12:34 pm
I actually don't mind this because I have to take off two days for chag, but erev Yom Tov is MUCH easier on a sunday. Neither DH nor I have to take off early.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics