Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Hearing impaired children

mtk24

Post Thu, Oct 04 2012, 1:10 am
I would love to speak to a mother who has experience with hearing impaired children /cochlear implant.

amother

Post Thu, Oct 04 2012, 1:40 am
I used to work for an organization in flatbushncalled haazinu. It's goal is to mainstream hiring impaired children into regular schools. They have lots of info and connections regarding therapists, docs, hearing aides, implants and have helped people with many issues. It is run by Mr. Yaroslawitz who has a hearing impaired daughter himself. Give them a call!

Haazinu.org

naomi2

Post Thu, Oct 04 2012, 11:42 pm
contact striveright/AOSNY they have alot of information and a many programs for hearing impared/implanted children.

OOTBubby

Post Fri, Oct 05 2012, 6:32 am
There is a family in Baltimore with 4 hearing impaired children (2 of them are married); at least one has a cochlear implant. The father is a Rav who has done extensive work in this area (and written seforim about hearing aids in halacha, etc.) as well as having been involved in genetic studies regarding this. I know he is happy to speak with people on the subject. If you'd like his name and contact info, PM me and I'll send them to you.

happyone

Post Fri, Oct 05 2012, 8:07 am
where do you live? there's a support group in Monroe and Monsey for families with children that are hearing impaired/cochlear implants.
If it's of interest, I'll post the phone number.

amother

Post Fri, Oct 05 2012, 8:24 am
If you live in NY, you can contact Strivright/The Auditory Oral School of NY. It's a school that specializes in working with hearing impaired children. There are lots of support systems in place and we've connected many parents that were able to help each other as well. Their number is 718-531-1800

amother

Post Fri, Oct 05 2012, 10:40 am
contact our way a part of yachad in ny
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics