Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
BDE Kayla Rus A"H bas Bunim Tuvia
  Previous  1  2  3 16  17  18 37  38  39  Next

obsesseddancer

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 3:15 pm
We have had a really rough couple of weeks. After losing our dear friend Dovid Winiarz, it has been emotionally very hard for me. Kayla Rus and especially my daughter in Israel who couldn't even be here for the shiva, will miss him terribly, he was a great father to their best friends, and a great friend to me and my husband.

Kayla Rus had to be taken off her current chemo, due to liver issues. We are trying to get her old tumor tested for a marker for another new drug. It is an expensive test, but the doctor who is running it thinks he has a donor for it, B'H. The drug itself is also expensive, but we will cross that bridge when we come to it, please just pray she is a match for this marker, because if she is, it may just be the answer we have been waiting for. In additon, she has been suffering from severe back pain as a side effect of her chemo and now from the drug to fix the liver issue. So we really need more prayers at this point.

Then last week we had a bit of a mishap with my husband, who is Baruch Hashem ok now, but he was rushed to ER twice in one day (Tuesday once in the middle of the night and again in the morning) for a burst varicose vein in his foot. This made a huge mess in our already threadbare carpets, and we really need to rip them up and put down flooring. We have put it off for years due to finanical reasons. Then, this morning, I couldn't wait any longer, I had to book a flight to bring my daughter home from Israel for Pesach. Someone alerted me to a good deal, which didn't work out, but I got the next decent enough deal with a stopover in Rome for 815 round trip. We weren't going to do it at all, but we really need the family together after all that has been going on. And of all things, the microwave we have had for probably 20 years just died, LOL, and we REALLY NEED ONE! So if anyone can help us out with all these extra expenses, it would be so very much appreciated, as much as I hate to ask. Paypal (obsesseddancer@aol.com) is best so we don't have to wait for Chai Lifeline and give them a bill for justification which I find so humiliating, but we'll take anything at this point. Thanks in advance.

greenfire

Post Tue, Feb 03 2015, 4:03 pm
I'm so sorry to hear about your friends' passing - both dovid and naomi ... may their souls find peace in heaven & storm the gates of shamayim for a refuah for your daughter and all those who need it

my prayers are always there for you and your daughter kayla rus bas chaya rochel bas shulamis by licht bentching, when I say tehillim, etc ... I was especially thinking about you this shabbos and wondering how you were both holding up Hug Hug

amother

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 11:25 am
I'm so sorry to hear about what you're going through right now. I just sent some money via paypal, and am davening for a refuah shalaima for Kayla Rus bas Chaya Rochel.

boysrus

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 11:33 am
Hi
I have been thinking of you the past couple of weeks....
and davening for Kayla Rus every single day, including when I bentch licht and make challah! DAvening for good news for you, a complete and speedy recovery. and refuah sheliemah to your husband. Wish I could help you in a more concrete way...

many hugs

amother

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 11:35 am
I don't do Paypal, but would like to send funds directly to you, via a check or Visa giftcard, whichever you prefer.
I have sent via Chai Lifeline before but didn't realize they make you beg for money that I thought went straight to you!
Would you be comfortable sending me an address if I PM you?

amother

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 11:39 am
Or if you give me your address, I would be happy to order you a microwave.
Maybe I should PM you.

boysrus

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 11:41 am
I love the two previous posts. You are so generous, you make me feel proud to be a Jewish woman!
you see, obsessed dancer, Hashem is looking ou;t for you, we are here foryou on imamother too

amother

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 11:44 am
I am the previous 2 posters,
I PMed her, but hoping that posting here encourages others to do the same.

I always tell my husband that I would rather give $$ directly to people than donate to chinese auctions or dinners, where 50% of your money goes to the overhead, its ridiculous.

boysrus

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 11:49 am
amother wrote:

I always tell my husband that I would rather give $$ directly to people than donate to chinese auctions or dinners, where 50% of your money goes to the overhead, its ridiculous.

AGREE with the above! Tizki lemitzvos

amother

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 12:20 pm
amother wrote:

I agree with you, but some of us need the tax deduction and you cant get that when donating directly to the person.

Sanguine

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 12:31 pm
sent you a donation (not tremendous but there are a lot of other women here too - together it can be a lot). Praying for a Refuah Shleima

amother

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 12:58 pm
I also just sent a donation. Hugs.

amother

Post Thu, Feb 05 2015, 1:09 pm
amother wrote:
I agree with you, but some of us need the tax deduction and you cant get that when donating directly to the person.

Good point, you are right.

obsesseddancer

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 12:08 pm
Finally thrilled to be able to post some good news. My eldest son, Daniel, 24, just got engaged to an amazing and perfect young lady, Nava Kaniel, from Closter, NJ. About time we had a "mazel tov."

Of course, this means more expenses... sigh.
But can't think about that now!
Very Happy

exaustedmom

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 12:09 pm
Mazel tov! Such wonderful news!

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 12:12 pm
MAZEL TOV!!

I am so happy for you. Lately it seems like you have been having one hardship after another, I am thrilled to see you have a wonderful simcha. May this be the beginning of many more wonderful simchos for your entire family!

monseychick

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 12:16 pm
MAZAL TOV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope we can all get together on Imamother to help you make the Chasana

bigsis144

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 12:23 pm
Mazal tov!

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 1:03 pm
Mazel Tov! May this be the first of many Besuros Tovos for your family.

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Feb 15 2015, 1:10 pm
Mazel tov!!!
Page 17 of 39   Previous  1  2  3 16  17  18 37  38  39  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed