Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
How far behind are you in printing your pictures?
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 1:36 pm
I am about a year behind, and I am very into my pics and albums, I just can't seem to find the time to edit and print them and then put them into albums. How far behind are you? Just curious if nowadays with digital pictures if pple are even still making albums...would love to hear feedback on this.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 1:38 pm
4.5 years embarrassed

yo'ma

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 1:41 pm
Snapfish just had a sale, but I didn't have enough pictures to print to take advantage of the sale. Does that give you a hint Very Happy ? BTW, I take pictures all the time.

acemom

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 1:42 pm
I got my first camera about a year ago. I keep on snapping photos of my ds but never really end up printing them. Here and there I print out a few so I can have for Yomtov projects etc. I can't find the time to go through and print all the pictures on my camera.
BTW, I am married for 4 years now but my wedding album still needs to be filled with photos. embarrassed The pics are sitting and waiting patiently in the boxes I got them in from photographer. Rolling Eyes

yiddishekup

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 1:43 pm
5 years. Do I win?

amother

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 1:46 pm
we're technically up to date, printed up until first day of school.

we try and wait for free shipping to order our prints which only happens about 2 times a year. However, sometimes we cave, because like you said we're into our pictures and albums. On a shabbos afternoon we enjoy sitting on the couch going through them (pretty much we have 1 album for each year we've been married).

I do find that most people arent into their albums as they used to be because of the digital aspect.

I know people who print photo books instead of albums.

I use photo books for grandparents, special occasions or photo shoots. I used to send my grandmother pictures of my kids and she would add it to her photo box. I started printing her a book each year so she can keep it out and flip through the pictures when she wants without having to find them. We did a family "photo shoot" I couldnt pick only 3 pictures to go into the album so I printed a photo book of my best 40 pictures.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 1:47 pm
acemom wrote:
I got my first camera about a year ago. I keep on snapping photos of my ds but never really end up printing them. Here and there I print out a few so I can have for Yomtov projects etc. I can't find the time to go through and print all the pictures on my camera.
BTW, I am married for 4 years now but my wedding album still needs to be filled with photos. embarrassed The pics are sitting and waiting patiently in the boxes I got them in from photographer. Rolling Eyes

When I was married for 4 years, we had 4 albums. Now we're married for 15 and we have over 20. More kids, more pictures. Also since digital came out we take more of the same thing and I don't know how to filter Rolling Eyes .

yo'ma

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 1:50 pm
amother wrote:
I use photo books for grandparents, special occasions or photo shoots.

I started doing that for my father. It's great because he would never put it in an album or anything. Before photo books, I would either send loose photos or put it in a small album. I only do it when there's a sale.

Marion

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 1:52 pm
29 months. The last printed photos we have are from DS#1 and 2 meeting DS#3 in the hospital. Not even the bris...

EmesOrNT

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 1:52 pm
Hmmm lets see.

I never did my wedding album from 8 years ago.

I have some pics of DS1 (when we still used film) and the rest are sitting on my computer. About 3000 of them.

Here and there, I try to organize them into online albums, but I never do print them…

I have them backed up on a separate drive, but seriously, once you print them they can rip and stuff… If I ever need a pic, it's right there for me to use!!

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 1:55 pm
I'm about 3 years behind.

Someone just told me a tip that I intend to do... one of these days:

Just order albums from snapfish or shutterfly, rather than pictures. That way, it's one less thing to do.

ray family

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 2:28 pm
until recently I was 7 years behind.
I bought a few packages on shutterfly and ordered 5 years worth of pictures. I was extremely selective and I didn't bother editing. I knew if I didnt just order it would never get done!!!
now I have 2 years left to catch up. good thing that during that time both my cameras broke so I dont have that many pics to sort through LOL

EmesOrNT

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 2:29 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
I'm about 3 years behind.

Someone just told me a tip that I intend to do... one of these days:

Just order albums from snapfish or shutterfly, rather than pictures. That way, it's one less thing to do.

Yea, I was gonna do that for big events, and then I spent a few days making a book of pix from one chol hamoed trip. And never ordered it.

Amital

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 2:50 pm
I'm not behind (I used to be, but started working out a system that works for me).

I make each child a little softcover "yearbook" for each birthday where they are the star, but sibs and extended family usually have some cameos. I have one copy for us and one for them in the future.

Then each year, I make a total family photo book for us and grandparents. As I go, I star photos I especially like to make it easier, and as I download each batch of photos, I weed out, caption, upload, and move them to a permanent home on my computer so I don't get behind.

And every year, we make a photo calendar just for fun!

avocado

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 2:57 pm
I am halfway through 2009... which sounds bad enough, but its even worse when I say that I haven't printed pics since birth of # 4 in summer 2009 - and we are now expecting # 6 IYH!!!

yo'ma

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 3:06 pm
I wonder if you all used film if you would print it sooner. I ask because I went to renew my almost 5yo's passport and since his first passport was when he was about 3 months old, I had to show them pictures of him throughout the years. I don't know how new this is, but when I renewed a passport for my almost 8yo 3 years ago we didn't have to do that.

boysrus

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 3:16 pm
I haven't printed pictures for about six years!

enneamom

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 4:37 pm
Almost 1.5 years. Thanks guys, now I feel better. At least it's not 5 years! Smile

zigi

Post Wed, Oct 17 2012, 5:50 pm
every few months I print photobooks. I just got caught up. I get the photo books from pampers and other promotions. actual pictures I don't have any. I guess I should get some for the my family unit in school

hycup

Post Thu, Oct 18 2012, 1:06 pm
For those of us who are a little behind the times, can someone please explain what are photo books?
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics