Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
How far behind are you in printing your pictures?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

yo'ma

Post Thu, Oct 18 2012, 1:16 pm
hycup wrote:
For those of us who are a little behind the times, can someone please explain what are photo books?

photobooks from snapfish
just click on photobooks at the top.

hycup

Post Thu, Oct 18 2012, 2:07 pm
thank you yo'ma - its sort of a digital scrap book. I can see it being a nice gift. Is it cheaper then just printing out images and filing them in an album yourself?

abeona

Post Thu, Oct 18 2012, 2:17 pm
just ordered my chol hamoed pix from succos chol hamoed from shutterfly, I love putting them into albums I do want to do a photobook for DD 3 yr birthday

yo'ma

Post Thu, Oct 18 2012, 2:40 pm
hycup wrote:
thank you yo'ma - its sort of a digital scrap book. I can see it being a nice gift. Is it cheaper then just printing out images and filing them in an album yourself?

I don't know how much it would be to also buy an album, but a photo book is more expensive than individual pictures depending on many pictures you put on a page. I've only made photobooks when they're on sale. You're able to put a few pictures on a page with a photobook, so the picture will be smaller, but than it's cheaper. I was kind of rambling, sorry.

imaamy

Post Thu, Oct 18 2012, 5:45 pm
DS just turned 2 and I printed some pics for the first time just before that. We had no actual pics of him, all digital. I also got a photo book online but it was a lot of work!

amother

Post Thu, Oct 18 2012, 5:52 pm
I print my pictures once a year usually round Pesach time and make new albums. I usually land up with about 200 pictures.

Superwife

Post Thu, Oct 18 2012, 8:25 pm
I am almost 4 years behind. I gave up on catching up Wink

gazingblue

Post Sat, Dec 22 2012, 9:53 pm
I am sooo far behind in printing and especially for organizing my pictures. So for those who do print and organize your pics, how and when do you do it?

imasinger

Post Sat, Dec 22 2012, 10:07 pm
We had ten years of pictures saved on our server, and then the server went kaput. Sad

Rodent

Post Sat, Dec 22 2012, 10:11 pm
6 years behind (AKA the lifetime of all the kids). And our harddrive died just over a week ago. Computer shop were unable to recover them, waiting on someone else to take a look. A bit stressed at the moment. We had some backed up but not for a while, and some on facebook and other online locations, and many still saved on cameras etc so we're not completely photoless but I'm hopeful that we may still recover them.

Please please please have all your photos saved in at least 2 places. Once I have sorted out this mess I think we'll try the photobook option.

Post Sat, Dec 22 2012, 10:21 pm
I am a decade behind. I have thousands to print.

queen

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 1:31 am
15 months behind.
gosh this thread is making me realize I'm not that bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ray family

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 2:54 am
right now I'm about 2 years behind.
does anyone in Israel know of a cheap place to print pictures? up until now I've used shutterfly but its getting harder to find pple to bring stuff back for me (I was payin 9 cents so something comparable to that!)

gr8cook

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 4:19 am
I am 2 years behind. The last time I printed my pictures was before purim 2 years ago.

c.c.cookie

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 8:55 am
I print every time my husband goes to America for recruiting, so he can show off our kids. So the last time was last summer, and I guess I'll be doing it again in the summer. Although there's a small chance he'll be going after Purim.

amother

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 9:10 am
Amital wrote:
I'm not behind (I used to be, but started working out a system that works for me).

I make each child a little softcover "yearbook" for each birthday where they are the star, but sibs and extended family usually have some cameos. I have one copy for us and one for them in the future.

Then each year, I make a total family photo book for us and grandparents. As I go, I star photos I especially like to make it easier, and as I download each batch of photos, I weed out, caption, upload, and move them to a permanent home on my computer so I don't get behind.
And every year, we make a photo calendar just for fun!

Can you please explain the bolded above, I'm technically challenged and would like to learn how to organise my pics. embarrassed

Thanks

libby1

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 10:46 am
well my didgital camera is m album too!!!
every few month I try to develop a bunch at a time but mostly use the camera to see older pictures Confused

imasoftov

Post Tue, Feb 05 2013, 6:24 pm
People still print pictures?

CU

Post Sat, Oct 19 2013, 7:12 am
amother wrote:
I am about a year behind, and I am very into my pics and albums, I just can't seem to find the time to edit and print them and then put them into albums. How far behind are you? Just curious if nowadays with digital pictures if pple are even still making albums...would love to hear feedback on this.

Best thing to do is to print pictures every few months. I learnt that the hard way when I last printed 3 years worth at once...it was impossible to sort them and get them correctly into albums!

Beyla

Post Sat, Oct 19 2013, 4:23 pm
It's sooooooo nice to have albums to watch! When I was a kid I used to take all the albums my grandmother made to see pictures of me as a baby.

When I got married I decided to do albums also, it began as chosson kala and bh last time I printed pictures was Chol hamued Sukkos!
I make it by the internet it's so nice and easy to have them delivered at home!
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics