Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Downton Abbey
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

bamamama

Post Tue, Oct 29 2013, 7:56 pm
booboo24 wrote:
bamamama wrote:
amother wrote:
I stopped watching it after series 4, episode 3 because it traumatized me. It was extremely disturbing and horrible.

It gets better. It's a drama, for goodness' sake. Not a walk in the park.

If they kill off the old lady, I'm out. Exploding anger

I hope they don't ....she's the best part of the show!

I agree. I love the women in this show.

etky

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 2:10 am
amother wrote:
I stopped watching it after series 4, episode 3 because it traumatized me. It was extremely disturbing and horrible.

We're a bit behind in our viewing and this was the episode we just saw the other night. I agree - very disturbing.
OTOH, overall the drama seems to be picking up finally. I almost gave up watching because I found the first two episodes a bit dull.
BTW- I do enjoy the dialogue, especially the old lady's quips and expressions.
When was the last time I heard phrases like "Stygian gloom" and "Damascene conversion" in a TV series LOL

marshmellow

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 1:40 pm
booboo24 wrote:
bamamama wrote:
amother wrote:

You mean Maggie Smith? yeah she is really funny!

I just started watching it this series (never seen any of the previous series).

I also didn't like the episode where that happened to Anna. She is my favourite character and the loveliest, nicest person in the whole programme. I knew something bad was going to happen and when I realised it was going to be Anna I was like noooooo! She is just so pure and nice I was like why on earth did they have to make her of all people go through that, it was so unfair, and it was awful when you heard her screaming and you knew what had happened.

I think also they wanted to do something really dramatic and since she is a popular character it would be even more effective.

Most of the women "upstairs" really annoy me as they are so spoilt!

I think there's only two episodes left and this is probably the last series now.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 1:48 pm
marshmellow wrote:
booboo24 wrote:
bamamama wrote:
amother wrote:

You mean Maggie Smith? yeah she is really funny!

I just started watching it this series (never seen any of the previous series).

I also didn't like the episode where that happened to Anna. She is my favourite character and the loveliest, nicest person in the whole programme. I knew something bad was going to happen and when I realised it was going to be Anna I was like noooooo! She is just so pure and nice I was like why on earth did they have to make her of all people go through that, it was so unfair, and it was awful when you heard her screaming and you knew what had happened.

I think also they wanted to do something really dramatic and since she is a popular character it would be even more effective.

Most of the women "upstairs" really annoy me as they are so spoilt!

I think there's only two episodes left and this is probably the last series now.

often it is the nicest people who go through the worst things. that is life, unfortunately Sad

booboo24

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 1:55 pm
I was reading online people's reactions to what happened and people were threatening to boycott because she's such a beloved character. Others wrote to the writer bc they were so angry. Maggie smith is such a main part of the show I can't imagine them killing her off so soon.....

marshmellow

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 2:50 pm
booboo24 wrote:
I was reading online people's reactions to what happened and people were threatening to boycott because she's such a beloved character. Others wrote to the writer bc they were so angry. Maggie smith is such a main part of the show I can't imagine them killing her off so soon.....

the programme will be coming to an end soon so she won't be killed off it before the end! I don't think they are going to do another series. And yeah if she left, it would probably end anyway!
I hope that by the end of the series he finds the disgusting man who attacked Anna and he gets killed!! haha

amother

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 4:13 pm
I really wonder how they are going to deal with ediths big news.

Does anyone else think Branson and mary might end up getting married? They are thrown together so much and seem to get on so well.

rae gi

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 4:19 pm
I am watching episode 4. Anna just asked Mrs. Hughes for a room in the house.

EmesOrNT

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 4:21 pm
OK, I gotta stop watching this topic. Too many spoilers.

morah

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 4:35 pm
booboo24 wrote:

They would never touch the Dowager! Although after what happened to Anna, who knows. I have a baaaad feeling about Gregson's fate though...

amother

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 4:38 pm
well from the end of the last episode it looks like she is really ill?

booboo24

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 6:34 pm
I would love if branson and mary got together I also think that dr. clarkson and mathews mother are going to get together

StripedFlower

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 7:46 pm
[quote="marshmellow"]
booboo24 wrote:

the programme will be coming to an end soon so she won't be killed off it before the end! I don't think they are going to do another series.

There will be a Prequel.

booboo24 wrote:
I also think that dr. clarkson and mathews mother are going to get together

They could have till now.

amother

Post Wed, Oct 30 2013, 7:54 pm
amother wrote:
I really wonder how they are going to deal with ediths big news.

Does anyone else think Branson and mary might end up getting married? They are thrown together so much and seem to get on so well.

they will probably try and come up with something..to cover it all up! but it's really nerve wracking knowing that soon her family are gonna find out..!! silly silly girl

and what about the woman who was spotted kissing the black singer? she's in trouble too.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 07 2013, 12:15 pm
it is the final episode this week!

StripedFlower

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 7:35 am
It has been renewed for a 5th season.

Brownies

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 7:40 am
And there will be a x-mas special Smile

rae gi

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 8:23 am
When will the Xmas special air?

Brownies

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 8:48 am
In the uk it'll be on Xmas day.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 11 2013, 6:44 pm
I thought the ending was disappointing! Everything was built up and nothing came of anything!
Page 5 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics