Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cookbooks
Chic Made Simple -- delighted with my new cookbook

das

Post Wed, Oct 24 2012, 7:47 pm
I just purchased the new cookbook Chic Made Simple and I'm really excited about it. I've followed Esther's recipes in Ami but for some reason I rarely actually do mag recipes--by the time I get around to it the mags long gone.

Anyway, the cookbook looks amazing!!!!!!! I've already tasted some recipe at my SIL whose a big magazine recipe follower and I loved them. I'm tempted to try every one!

Anyone else has the cookbook yet? I'd love to discuss which ones are worth making.

My plan: First, the clementine baby chicken arugula salad.

Last edited by das on Thu, Oct 25 2012, 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, Oct 24 2012, 8:03 pm
Nice to see a review of a new publication; thanks!

P.S. Based on your avatar, why do you need 'chic made simple'? You're good at complex cooking projects!! LOL

das

Post Wed, Oct 24 2012, 8:26 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
Nice to see a review of a new publication; thanks!

P.S. Based on your avatar, why do you need 'chic made simple'? You're good at complex cooking projects!! LOL

LOL. Unlike Bree, I'm less messed up inside, more messed up outside...

September June

Post Wed, Oct 24 2012, 8:28 pm
Ami has a nice write up about it. The preview recipes look nice.

(Am I the only one turned off by the cover photo?)

beth

Post Sun, Oct 28 2012, 5:12 am
I was in a Judaica store yesterday and noticed the book right away because the cover is so beautiful. I had just bought the Bais Yaakov cookbook several weeks ago and didn't want to spend money on another cookbook. But, after flipping through Chic made simple, I couldn't resist buying it. Most of the recipes looked amazing and very easy to make. I have made many of Esther Deutsch's recipes in the past and they were all superb

shoemaker

Post Sun, Oct 28 2012, 8:09 am
I made the sasame chicken nobody liked it, the one from binah is a big hit I would stick to that.

watergirl

Post Sun, Oct 28 2012, 10:02 am
Really? I looked through the cookbook and found only a few things I would want to try. So many of the recipes looked too hyped up. Like it was trying too hard to be fancy schmancy.

ILOVELIFE

Post Sun, Oct 28 2012, 11:38 am
I think I'd buy just cuz it's so pretty. I'd hope to make some things but a lot were too weird sounding for my family's taste. however, I know my friends really liked her recipes in Ami so I'd try something.

bigsis144

Post Mon, Oct 29 2012, 10:13 am
September June wrote:
Ami has a nice write up about it. The preview recipes look nice.

(Am I the only one turned off by the cover photo?)

Nope, me too. It's too stark and "nouveau cousine" for me, like unkosher seafood or something...

I have a neighbor with a cookbook obsession. I'll wait until she gets it and then borrow it. I love reading cookbooks for the entertainment value alone!

beth

Post Mon, Oct 29 2012, 1:16 pm
The cover photo is sea bass. I know I definitely won't be making that recipe since my husband won't touch fish except for gefilte fish!

To be honest, I'm perfectly happy just reading this book over and over again. It's a WOW cookbook!! with no weird ingredients.

das, I will be making the fudge marble bundt cake today and the creole veal burgers for supper. I will keep you posted on all the recipes that I tried from the book. There are so many recipes I can't wait to try! With the storm today, I have all day to spend in the kitchen. And looks like the kids are off from school again tomorrow

das

Post Mon, Oct 29 2012, 4:17 pm
So..the salad was awesome. Except it wasn't really a salad, it was like a meal on its own. Next time I'm preparing it without tons of other stuff. It's a definite keeper.

Today would be a great day to cook except I have no ingredients in the house...Sad

I like the cover photo actually, though I didnt realize it was fish at first glance. I thought it was a dessert! Seabass is amazing but kind of expensive, I'll save it for an anniversary dinner or something.

Beth, let me know how the other things you try come out.

beth

Post Tue, Oct 30 2012, 2:45 pm
amazing
really yummy
everyone was so bored yesterday the finished the whole cake!
I have guests for shabbos so I think ill try the chicken salad too...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics