Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Dr. Kazlow or Dr. Pittman- pediatric gastro

amother

Post Fri, Oct 26 2012, 11:55 am
Anyone use either of them? Did you like them? I'm trying to decide which one to use for my son.

Della

Post Fri, Oct 26 2012, 12:07 pm
Avoid Dr Kaslow

miky72

Post Fri, Oct 26 2012, 3:49 pm
I really disliked Dr Pittman.She was very abrupt and gave me a lecture on all the "bad" thing I was doing to
my daughter.Then proceeded to give me a prescription for a high dose of prevacid (she was a tiny preemie).
I liked very much Dr Spivack in New York City

harriet

Post Fri, Oct 26 2012, 4:13 pm
I went to them BOTH about 3 years ago. They were both very highly recommended by Echo, Dr Kazlow perhaps more so than Dr Pittman, which is why I went to Dr Kazlow first. He seemed good but his office/follow up was AWFUL. At one point, he said my son needed a colonscopy ASAP and that his surgical coordinator would contact me to schedule it. After three months of waiting around for the surgical coordinator to get her act together (and her telling me "don't call me, I'll call you", when I tried contacting her) I finally gave up and switched to Dr Pittman, who seemed fine to me.

Issues I was looking at were malabsorption/poor weight gain/possible celiac etc.

Good luck!

amother

Post Sat, Oct 27 2012, 1:23 pm
I have used Dr. Pittman who diagnosed me with Crohns as a teenager. I really liked her. I thought she always knew what she was talking about and even gave me her cell phone # so I can call her if I had any issues.

She did not do my colonoscopy though. I had that done by a doctor before going to her. She is definitely someone I would recommend!

happyone

Post Sat, Oct 27 2012, 7:50 pm
I highly recommend Dr. Joseph Levy in NYU over both of them.

STovah

Post Sat, Oct 27 2012, 8:51 pm
In the past we used Dr. Pittman and Dr. Joseph Levy (different kids, different GI issues). I liked both of them, but it is very difficult to get an initial appt with Dr. Levy.

lovemywig

Post Sat, Oct 27 2012, 9:01 pm
I used and will be using Dr. Kazlow with my baby now. I was always very happy he has helped us out a lot.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 28 2012, 8:46 am
We use Dr.Kazlow for our teenager and are thrilled. After dealing with a more local gi doctor, were felt that the trip was more than worth it. He settled our fears, and gave us a good game plan. He always seems available for our son. Now in college, my son had a flareup and had to see someone else in the practice since Dr. Kazlow was away, and he followed up with us when he returned. We know others who are quite pleasedl to have him as a doctor also.

amother

Post Sun, Oct 28 2012, 12:06 pm
I have also used Dr. Kazlow for my dd and was very happy with him.

cutekids

Post Mon, Jan 28 2013, 10:52 pm
I know this is an old thread, but has anyone gone to any of them since the last poster?

amother

Post Mon, Jan 28 2013, 11:10 pm
My son, who has colitis, saw Dr. Kazlow a few weeks ago. He needed, and has since had, a colonoscopy and edoscopy, done by Dr. Kazlow. We have been quite pleased with his care.

amother

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 10:41 pm
We really really really liked Dr. Jeremiah Levine, affiliated with LICH (but also has a few other offices - we saw him in Brooklyn). Tremendous mentch and gave us lots of time and patience.

eachdaysagift

Post Mon, Feb 11 2013, 11:40 pm
Highly recommend Dr Jeremiah Levine as well
amother wrote:
We really really really liked Dr. Jeremiah Levine, affiliated with LICH (but also has a few other offices - we saw him in Brooklyn). Tremendous mentch and gave us lots of time and patience.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics