Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Medifast

amother

Post Sun, Nov 04 2012, 6:50 pm
has anyone recently done this diet?
I would like to try it.
any idea where in brooklyn I can buy the shakes?
TIA

amother

Post Sun, Nov 25 2012, 12:05 am
I don't have any answers for you, as I am just looking into it now myselft. I have a few relatives that are currently on it and losing nicely. Did you start it? I'd love a buddy if you are interested.

thanks

Post Sun, Nov 25 2012, 12:22 am
I don't know about medifast, but I lost weight with Herbalife. You can pm me if you want more info.

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Nov 25 2012, 2:18 pm
But are they keeping it off? What are t heir plans once the "diet" is over ?

Mevater

Post Sun, Nov 09 2014, 8:09 pm
Its 2 years later.

How did the Medifast Diet go? I have friends interested.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 10:02 pm
bump

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jul 25 2017, 10:24 pm
The people I know all lost a lot of weight but gained back a significant portion of it. I don't know anyone whose kept it all off even 6 months out. It's a real money maker for the 'coaches'.

LeahRivka

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 1:46 am
It is a bit pricey and coaches do make money.

May

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 3:07 am
It is expensive and hard to maintain, but I do know several people who have maintained significant losses (think close to 100lbs). One person I'm thinking of in particular is still 100 down 5 years later. She does this by still being half on the diet. Medifast, or a modified version of it, has actually turned into a lifestyle change for her vs a short term means to an end.
Regarding expense, I know people who substitute the packaged food for regular foods with similar nutritional profiles.

Amarante

Post Wed, Jul 26 2017, 4:18 am
While there are always a few outliers who lose weight and maintain weight loss on any program, the liquid diet replacements have one of the poorest statistical long term failure rates in terms of people regaining weight fairly quickly after weight.

The most famous gainer is Oprah who famously hauled 90 pounds of fat she lost on the program onto the stage after fasting on this program. Very shortly thereafter, she was fatter than ever.

The simplest reason they don't work is because they continue to perpetuate a mindset of being ON a diet to lose weight and then off a diet. If you want to be successful in the long term, you need to think about what you are doing as a lifestyle change and whether you can more or less eat the what you are eating for the rest of your life because maintaining weight for most women is really eating what they have eaten to lose weight with some slight additions.

If you want to drop five pounds quickly because you have a weekend event or otherwise are in control of your weight, it's great but ill advised if you actually need to lose weight and learn how to keep it off for the rest of your life.

Other aspects of any of the liquid replacement diets are more controversial in terms of being argued about - I.e. whether it impacts long term metabolism because bodies have set points and below a number of calories, your body goes into starvation mode to conserve calories rather burn more effectively.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise