Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Child & Baby Products
Convertible car seat
Previous  1  2

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Dec 23 2013, 1:21 pm
The Coccoro will be outgrown soon for most kids, and it's pretty pricey. The Scenera has a slightly larger footprint, less padded, but fits kids for a larger timespan.

Without LATCH, it may need a pool noodle to help install it.

The Radian is the ultimate in narrowness, but it can be hard to install, and weighs a lot, as well as costing quite a bit. However it's considered a "premium" seat for all its bells and whistles.

Orchid

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 12:03 pm
All this reading up on car seats is giving me a big headache.
Can someone much more knowledgeable than me in this area help me out here?

I have a tiny 18 month old (tiny, as in 3rd percentile) who still fits in the infant seat using both height and weight limits.

But we're looking to go to the next step - convertible car seat and keep him rear facing.

Do not need to convert to a booster.

Looking for something EASY. Easy to install, adjust, and do the daily harness.

(Is there such a thing as a convertible car seat that snaps into a base?)

Recommendations please?

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Sun, Jan 26 2014, 11:25 pm
PM me -- I'll throw some ideas out to you. Let me know your budget, what car you have, if it's next to any other seats, how long you want to rear face for, etc Smile

Orchid

Post Mon, Jan 27 2014, 7:04 pm
Thanks, PMed you.

:-)

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 12:22 pm
Got it! Will respond B"N in a bit -- was offline last night so playing catch up now Wink

m+m

Post Tue, Jan 28 2014, 12:47 pm
I have a Chicco NextFit. I LOVE it! Its comfy and safe. DD is very happy to sit in it for long drives. It reclines very well and would be suitable for a newborn.
Its is pricey, but I am happy I spent the $.

voira

Post Mon, Feb 24 2014, 4:53 am
Hi, can someone help me, I have a 22 yr old who is tiny - below the charts.... Im looking for a comfortable, relatively reasonable convertible seat.
I also want it to be washable... and If possible to be able to recline....
I keep hearing the name Britax - is this the best brand???

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Feb 24 2014, 11:34 am
22 yr old?! lol I hope you mean 22 lb or 2.2 yo Very Happy

Baby should be kept rearfacing as long as possible -- can you give better specifics about age/weight/height? What vehicle? What budget?

Britax are nice, easy to install, but there are many, many options on the market. I have one Britax seat that I only got due to the particular design of it to squeeze between 2 other seats, not for the brand name at all. It's not a bad seat, but I would not say it is definitely better than some of the other seats I have experience with!

voira

Post Mon, Feb 24 2014, 11:47 am
Whoops, 22 month old embarrassed she is almost 20 lbs and I don't know the height but is definitely very short.

I dont have a budget - because I dont know the range - I want something middle of the line...

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Mon, Feb 24 2014, 12:09 pm
Are you installing it via a seatbelt or the LATCH anchors in the car?

voira

Post Mon, Feb 24 2014, 12:10 pm
Good question - I dont know yet, were getting a new car and didnt decide which one yet... I guess that makes a difference so I can't buy a new car seat before I get the car....

maestro

Post Wed, Mar 19 2014, 9:55 am
We have a Town and Country minivan. What is the best convertible car seat for that car? Any tips appreciated.

Also, anyone have experience with Britax? What's the difference between Britax and the Diono? TIA

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Wed, Mar 19 2014, 11:04 am
It really matters age and size of the child, how long you plan on using it for, are you installing via LATCH or seatbelt, will it be next to any other seats or not, and your budget...

Anyway, Britax is much easier to install than the Diono, but they take up a lot more space, and don't have as great limits for weight/height (still quite decent in most models). I personally cannot get a Diono since a typical week looks like this for me:
Have carseats put in on Sunday for that day and Monday, take out for Tuesday and Weds. morning, put back in on Weds. afternoon, remove on Friday morning.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics