Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do you feel that you are pretty?
1  2  3  4  5  Next

Do you feel that you are pretty?
Yes  
 66%  [ 119 ]
No  
 21%  [ 38 ]
Other  
 11%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 178

amother

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 2:44 am
My self esteem has kind of plummeted lately. I try to dress nicely, wear a bit of makeup and other things like that, but I almost feel like none of this matters with a face like mine... It's very frustrating and it makes me really sad. I just don't think that I'm pretty and I don't think there's anything I can do about it.

Whenever I get down about it, I tell myself, "hevel hayofee!" and kind of smile. Do you think you're pretty?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 2:45 am
Sorry, there was an "other" but I guess I didn't press the button in time.

[added "other." -merelyme, as mod]

ClaRivka

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 2:51 am
There shud b a "hell yea" button.
no, I dont have perfectly clear skin and im not skinny but I truly believe that im beautiful.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 2:58 am
I'm far from perfect, and there's some things I would change if I were rich enough, but I can honestly say that I am comfortable in my skin. I lucked out in the genetics department, and I think I look darn good for my age.

Being old and happy with yourself beats being young, gorgeous and insecure ANY DAY! Very Happy

amother

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 3:27 am
when I look in the mirror I don't think I'm ugly, nor am I pretty. I'm average (except for my big nose). but then when I see myself in pictures I can't believe how terrible I look and I wonder, is that what I really look like. if yes, well then I want to Puke

amother

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 3:40 am
I feel I am beautiful when I am not too overweight.
Unfortunately, I don't feel that I am beautiful when I gain weight although I do find others beautiful that way. Maybe because of my insecurity when overweight, I don't smile as much (not a real smile) and that takes away from any beauty.

I feel beautiful pregnant, no matter what weight I am at, because I just find pregnancy so attractive, so feminine. I am getting older now and I find that people are so surprised to hear I am that old as I look much younger (my mother has the same genes.) So, I guess that also makes me feel more beautiful. It makes me sad that so many women around me are looking so much older than their years, like if they had great beauty, it was too short lived.

I like feeling beautiful but I don't like all the male attention it brings. I hate the fact that men are SO much nicer and go out of their way to help me when I am thinner and more beautiful. I want to become more healthy and lose weight for myself but a lot of my inspiration to do it is to be thought beautiful by others as well. It could be women are not as happy when I lose weight even though they would never say anything to me. Perhaps their husbands, who shouldn't be looking at me anyway, are looking more than they did before. It makes me very uncomfortable and I really try hard to not to bring any extra attention to myself. I can't imagine being upset that another woman is pretty but my shalom bayis is good and I feel very loved so I can only imagine how a woman (gorgeous or not) feels when she doesn't have good shalom bayis and their husband pays too much attention to other beautiful women. I would never want to cause another woman pain but I don't think it is my fault, but the husband for talking to or looking at me.

I guess people who always are beautiful just think that is the way the world is but I see for myself, it is all tied to weight. I don't think that is true for everyone though, I have a friend who was very overweight and always had so many men interested in her - it was her extrovert personality that attracted them.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 4:11 am
Nope, never have done, but dh thinks I am so why do I care?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 5:17 am
Drop dead gorgeous!

amother

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 5:22 am
Not really, but I'm convinced that I'm s-xy even though I'm not that thin anymore.

DH thinks I'm pretty so that's enough.

I try to make the most of my facial features with makeup, but as a basis I've got what Hashem gave me.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 5:25 am
yes. But my body is out of shape and overweight. Sad (I've lost weight but still not down to my pre first pregnancy weight)

I'm not heavy enough that it shows much on my face though.

overall I am happy with the way I look. My husband doesn't like that I am out of shape or when I was very overweight and is always bugging me. Exploding anger (but he does think I am beautiful)

People are also surprised when I say my age. But many women my age look great, and some 20 year olds look dumpy and are happy with their appearance. Different strokes for different folks...

Isramom8

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 5:48 am
I KNOW YOU'RE pretty Amother, and I've never even seen you! Very Happy Flower Music It's all in the attitude. Hashem made you, so of course you're pretty! The prettiest thing you can wear is a smile.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 7:20 am
I have a good figure, but my face... when I'm in a good mood I think I'm okay looking....

amother

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 7:30 am
Isramom8 wrote:
I KNOW YOU'RE pretty Amother, and I've never even seen you! Very Happy Flower Music It's all in the attitude. Hashem made you, so of course you're pretty! The prettiest thing you can wear is a smile.

Different amother here, but I'm SO SELF CONSCIOUS about smiling. My teeth are yellow/gray/brown horrid. I spent a lot of money a few years ago getting them professionally bonded (composite, I think it was called) but now those effects are fading. I smile with my lips closed and always notice everyone else's perfect white teeth!

Isramom8

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 7:36 am
amother wrote:
Isramom8 wrote:

Different amother here, but I'm SO SELF CONSCIOUS about smiling. My teeth are yellow/gray/brown horrid. I spent a lot of money a few years ago getting them professionally bonded (composite, I think it was called) but now those effects are fading. I smile with my lips closed and always notice everyone else's perfect white teeth!

That's awful. I can see why you feel self conscious. I don't know what treatments you had, but my friend had teeth striped yellow and gray from medication (maybe her mother took it when my friend was a fetus). Today she has gorgeous teeth. I don't know what she did, but maybe look into your options.

Isramom8

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 7:39 am
A separate perspective: Rav Avigdor Miller zt"l used to say to be thankful if you have a normal face. A face that looks like one of a normal human being. Because so many people don't. And even if you don't, I think you can still be attractive and appealing.

IMHopinion

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 8:30 am
PICS please?! Wave LOL

Mrs.K

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 8:38 am
IMHopinion wrote:
PICS please?! Wave LOL

Yeah let's do that! Everyone can post a picture of themselves and we can rate it from 1-10. That's much more accurate then a poll. Just think, the possibilities are endless. I can PM someone saying, "You're obviously very attractive, do you perhaps have a look-alike son for my Kreindle?" Or, "I have a snood business and I'd love to use your head to model my pieces." Or even, "You obviously need a nose job. May I recommend my plastic surgeon husband? Mention, "Imamother" for a 10% discount."

Why did no one think of this sooner?

AlwaysThinking

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 8:40 am
The HOT or NOT of imamother... hmmm!

amother

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 8:41 am
Only with a sheitel, makeup, and earrings.

I WISH I felt pretty bare-faced and wearing a tichel, but alas, I look very pale and plain and a tad masculine like that:(

Mrs.K

Post Thu, Nov 08 2012, 8:41 am
Riff wrote:
The HOT or NOT of imamother... hmmm!

And then comes the Pinup Calendar. All proceeds to Tzedakah.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics