Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
What do you do...

amother

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 1:56 pm
...when another mother criticizes you about one of your children?
Not about anything major,either.
I felt pretty bad!

mumoo

Post Wed, Jan 17 2007, 7:37 pm
this hits us sooooo deep and personally. it's like our children are us and its a personal attack.

I don't get as upset at a direct criticism, more like she has the problem. but if its a friend who subtlely refers to something, I seethe (but I don't say anything)

like today someone was telling my 3 yr old, tell mommy to get you a tissue, you're all runny and gross (like I don't notice and aren't with a tissue every few seconds)

or to the same child, who is standing at a good distance just watching the shredder: Tell your mommy that you are too close.

I'm in the same room, I'm watching, if there is real danger, move her or tell me, don't hint around

brooklyn

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 4:09 am
There is one lady who has diciplined my DS (ex. you shouldn't do that, that is not a very nice thing to do) while I am right there. I told the lady that she should dicipline her own children and not mine, they have their own mother. Exploding anger

Ima'la

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 4:52 am
I don't know which of you was in the right, brooklyn, but what do you do when s/o else's child needs to be disciplined and the mother is right there but not doing anything??? esp. if their child is hurting/bothering yours or is damaging your property?

brooklyn

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 5:19 am
If the child is doing something wrong, like damaging something or hurting someone and the parent is there you speak to the parent. If the parents still do nothing then that is something different. In my case all the kids were playing together, running and jumping as five year olds do. My son was doing nothing wrong or different than all the other children there. She decided that she didn't like the way that my child was playing so she started to dicipline my child. don't mess with my kids unless you want the full wrath of mommy! Twisted Evil Exploding anger

amother

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 5:43 am
I guess I should post this one anonymously I actually once slapped my friends kid across the face - she was watching my kids (it was emergency) and her older son hurt my little daughter - sorry when she didn't take it seriously enough I just let him know "that if he ever did that again this slap will feel like a tickle". You can be sure he never did.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 5:56 am
Quote:
like today someone was telling my 3 yr old, tell mommy to get you a tissue, you're all runny and gross (like I don't notice and aren't with a tissue every few seconds)

I hate that! whenever any grandchildren have a runny nose, my mil says hi shnot nose. it kills me every time. I mean, this is the grandmother talking! it's not exactly a nice thing to say to a little kid. I guess she means it as a joke, but I fail to see the humor.

amother

Post Thu, Jan 18 2007, 5:56 am
amother wrote:
I guess I should post this one anonymously I actually once slapped my friends kid across the face - she was watching my kids (it was emergency) and her older son hurt my little daughter - sorry when she didn't take it seriously enough I just let him know "that if he ever did that again this slap will feel like a tickle". You can be sure he never did.

???
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette