Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Baby sleeping since 1 AM

amother

Post Mon, Nov 19 2012, 11:23 am
It's 11:20 AM where I am right now.

My 18 month old is sick with an ear infection and a bad cough. He woke up at 10pm last night and was uhep until 1am. He also only napped an hour yesterday. I thought he'd definitely wake up a few more times in the middle of the night, but she didn't. AND he's stills sleeping... I checked on him and he's breathing and has moved and he has his sippy cup with water with him....

I'm not sure if I should wake him up or let him sleep until he wakes up....

MimiMommy

Post Mon, Nov 19 2012, 11:25 am
if he's breathing and not running a high fever, let him sleep. Sleep is the best remedy for illness.

amother

Post Mon, Nov 19 2012, 11:32 am
MimiMommy wrote:
if he's breathing and not running a high fever, let him sleep. Sleep is the best remedy for illness.

I don't know if he has a fever, but he seems to breathing normally and not too heavily.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 19 2012, 11:34 am
Agree. He was up half the night and not feeling well, sounds like he just needs some rest. Frankly I would not mind myself if someone let me sleep until 11:20 once in a while! Smile

amother

Post Mon, Nov 19 2012, 11:37 am
seeker wrote:
Agree. He was up half the night and not feeling well, sounds like he just needs some rest. Frankly I would not mind myself if someone let me sleep until 11:20 once in a while! Smile

I know I know I should be enjoying the free time. But the mama in me is worried.

I'll keep y'all posted on he's doing when he wakes up. Thanks Smile

Fabulous

Post Mon, Nov 19 2012, 11:39 am
I totally remember instances like that. On the one hand, use that time for yourself, on the other hand, why is he sleeping so long? Bh, it's usually nothing major and when they wake up, they are feeling better.

paprika

Post Mon, Nov 19 2012, 11:41 am
I also think you should let him sleep, and calm down that mama in you. Coughing wears out the body, and he must be exhausted.

seeker

Post Mon, Nov 19 2012, 11:45 am
Oh, I didn't mean to say you should enjoy the free time while he sleeps, you woke up already anyway. What I meant is that I imagine he must be appreciating his extra sleep if he's that tired, because I know I would!

amother

Post Mon, Nov 19 2012, 4:06 pm
OP Here.

Baby woke at around 12 and he was just fine. Still not feeling well, but I guess everyone was right about him just needing his rest.

Thanks everyone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics