Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Miserable at work

amother

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 7:18 am
what would you do if you would be miserable at work every single day? I dread going there in the mornings!!!!!!
it's a f/t job with nothing to do. my boss sits in the same room and I feel like I have to make myself busy. this is all making me tense and nervous and edgy! would you quit and hope for somthing better to land on your doorstep? or would you stick it out?

mimsy7420

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 7:38 am
I don't think you should quit without finding another job. If you are not doing anything all day, then you could spend your time looking on jobs sites for better jobs and sending your resume around.

elkayed

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 7:39 am
Ditto. Find another job and then quit. Tell the new job you can start in 2 weeks and give old job 2 weeks notice.

dewyt

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 7:58 am
im giving away a really good job.....its in bp- are u? its less hours than u r working, probably better pay and u wont be bored!
pm me if u want

withhumor

Post Fri, Jan 19 2007, 10:15 am
I once had two secretaries for my business and I sat in the same room as them. I noticed that they were trying to make themselves busy, you are not fooling your boss. Be very ‘aggressive’ in an aidel way. Keep asking, I finished the invoicing, and there’s isn’t much going on. Do you want me to do something that you saved for a rainy day? Maybe collection calls? Sales calls? If he can’t come up with an answer then say, ok I will clean up some computer files now to empty the hard drive and then just do as you please. You’re not fooling anyone.

suomynona

Post Sat, Jan 20 2007, 12:45 pm
I had 2 jobs like that. I know how you feel. It made me nuts and people didn't understand what the problem was. Everyone said they wish they can be in my shoes and not have work to do at work. But it was a lot harder than my job now where I'm overworked most of the time.
And I didn't have my boss breathing down my back. I can only imagine. But I agree with withumor. Ask your boss what you should do next and if he says nothing, then you don't have to look busy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics