Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Flying tomorrow and now car seat cover bag

amother

Post Wed, Nov 21 2012, 7:59 pm
We are flying tomorrow first thing in the morning and taking a car seat with us because we need it when we land.

We don't own a car seat cover. We always drive or fly to people who have car seats (my parents, etc.)
We could have driven this time too and I don't even know why we are flying. We had tickets we needed to use but we could have used them later and flying is so much more stressful than driving for me. I wouldn't have to worry about this.

I just don't want the car seat destroyed. Not just dirtied but bounced around all over the place.
And we are leaving the car in the airport.

Oh well. Just a vent. Hope we make it to the airport on time.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Nov 21 2012, 8:07 pm
I recommend gate-checking it. Or you can ask them to put if with the fragile items. I've done both, and the car seats have never been damaged. Be aware that fragile items may come out on a different carousel than the rest of the checked luggage.

amother

Post Wed, Nov 21 2012, 10:24 pm
I worry that they will give me trouble for gate checing both a stroller and a car seat.

We are flying United and their website says you can take one. But I've seen people take both, I think.

Marion

Post Wed, Nov 21 2012, 10:57 pm
Can't you use it in-flight?

SingALong

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 2:10 pm
I just traveled with united and took my snap and go. they gate checked it and gave me two tags one for the base and one for the car seat so I can't imagine it would make a difference to check in a car seat and stroller...but ask just in case.
and I didn't use a bag just sent the car seat as is.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 5:20 pm
Marion wrote:
Can't you use it in-flight?

We don't have a ticket for DC. Lap baby. Over 1, under 2, with a convertible car seat and an umbrella stroller.

They let us check it all at the gate. Now let's hope for the same on the way back.

realeez

Post Thu, Nov 22 2012, 5:41 pm
When we check our car seat, we have the airline put it in a clear garbage bag (both gate check and when we check in with luggage). It's never been damaged that way (yet?!).

amother

Post Fri, Nov 23 2012, 1:33 am
We put ours in a garbage bag (actually two, just to be sure) and they always come out just fine.

amother

Post Fri, Nov 23 2012, 1:33 am
We put ours in a garbage bag (actually two, just to be sure) and they always come out just fine. We check them at the checkin counter.

Marion

Post Fri, Nov 23 2012, 1:56 am
Oh, yeah, that too. I always ask the airline for a bicycle bag to put the seat in. If something DOES fall off, it's caught in the bag, not lost.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics