Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
The Steipler Gaon's Message to Jewish Mothers
1  2  3  Next

Motek

Post Mon, Sep 20 2004, 8:21 pm
1) Children who are raised in a home in which the mother davens each and every word (slowly and with kavana), understand Gemara and Mishna better than other children.

2) Children who are raised in a home in which the mother says each bracha out loud and in a pleasant voice, have better middos and less chutzpa.

3) A mother who davens every day and turns her eyes to heaven, has children who have more success than other children.

4) More effective than any educational method in the world, is the sound of a mother who says the bracha, shehakol nihiya bidvaro out loud in her home.

5) Children who are raised in a home in which the mother says Birkas Ha'Mazon out loud, have more protection from illnesses and traffic accidents and merit great heavenly protection.

6) A mother who mentions the name of Hashem and praised Him, will merit children whose faces reflect the chein of Yosef Ha'Tzadik.

proudmom

Post Mon, Sep 20 2004, 8:26 pm
wow thats amazing. where do you get all your things from? I really enjoy them all

Motek

Post Mon, Sep 20 2004, 8:29 pm
thank you!
it's worth going to the effort to post them if people appreciate them!
where I get them? all over Very Happy

Rochel Leah

Post Mon, Sep 20 2004, 9:56 pm
Motek, pretty inspirational, I will now try to say my brachas out loud, but it isn't always easy to daven everything every day. I do mincha cuz its shorter...but we all try our hardest....thanx for sharing

Motek

Post Mon, Sep 20 2004, 10:11 pm
no need to daven EVERYTHING every day!

maybe just brachos
maybe brachos, Shema and Shmone Esrei

ask you LOR (local, orthodox rabbi) what you should do in your circumstances

babies shouldn't be crying while you daven
toddlers being toilet trained shouldn't be plotzing for the bathroom while mommy davens
children shouldn't be whining their comments over and over and over again bec. mommy can't respond bec. she's davening
etc.

rydys

Post Mon, Dec 06 2004, 9:04 pm
Motek--

how do you accomplish all of that (babies not crying, etc.). I try to get my kids settled before I daven--everyone has a book or toy to play with and is calm and quiet. As soon as I start, WHAM! everyone starts fighting. happens every time. Any suggestions?

Motek

Post Tue, Dec 07 2004, 10:44 am
maybe I wasn't clear - I wasn't saying mommies should make sure to accomplish all that!

I was saying that mommy's davening shouldn't be done at the expense of her children, that her children come first, so unless she knows she can daven without interruption, she can't daven

suggestions: say Tehillim Smile you can interrupt at the end of any pasuk

queen

Post Mon, Jul 17 2006, 12:49 pm
Just reviving an old thread for all of your benefit

shalhevet

Post Mon, Jul 17 2006, 1:55 pm
Thanks queen and thanks Motek. That was worth reading.

Lots of ideas here how to be mitchazek because of the war.

happy2beme

Post Mon, Jul 17 2006, 2:02 pm
Do u think it's tznius to say the brocho out loud if you have guests?
My problem is I say the brocho with the sing-song (my 3 yo is used to it like that)....

What do u do when u have guests? refrain, or say the brocha regular?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Jul 17 2006, 2:49 pm
I guess it's too late for me.

queen

Post Mon, Jul 17 2006, 2:58 pm
ONLY after 120 is it too late

shalhevet

Post Mon, Jul 17 2006, 2:59 pm
SaraG wrote:
I guess it's too late for me.

When a mother does something ruchni, it has spiritual effects (on herself, on her children, on klal yisrael) and that is not age dependant.

Sara, "all the time the candle (neshama) burns, you can fix things" (R' Yisrael Salanter)

sarahd

Post Tue, Jul 18 2006, 6:39 am
Thanks, queen, for reviving this thread (and Motek for posting it in the first place.) I knew I had seen it somewhere and couldn't remember where.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Feb 18 2013, 3:17 am
Bumping this up again, because it really deserves to be pinned at the top! Very Happy

bobeli

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 12:45 am
Bumping this for chizuk

amother
Maroon

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 1:25 am
I'm actually kind of turned off by this because it makes very specific claims that we don't see happening. Mothers who say birchas hamozon out loud have children that are more protected against illness and accidents? Seriously? Why do we all mock organizations that promise yeshuos for donations yet this we take seriously?

amother
Turquoise

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 8:08 am
now here is an old thread that deserves to be revived! timeless!

(interesting to see the beautiful and meaningful and mechazek original responses posted at that time)

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 9:13 am
amother wrote:
I'm actually kind of turned off by this because it makes very specific claims that we don't see happening. Mothers who say birchas hamozon out loud have children that are more protected against illness and accidents? Seriously?

I see it this way:
We have to decide on our goals and create the proper environment. We are only in control of so much. We don't know what outside influences there will be, despite any reasonable and healthy action on our part. And we don't know know why Hashem brings tragedy.*
What the Steipler, zt"l, is saying is, this is the way to live life. You will be forging a special connection to the RBSh"O and creating the most fertile environment for your child to do the same. There is so much that is applicable even to busy women who can only daven informally or the Readers Digest version.

*I would look into hashkafically reliable shiurim and written work on tzaddik v'ra lo. Rabbi Yitzchak Kirzner, zt"l, has some incredible shiurim on suffering, given after his cancer diagnosis. Which could really resonate for you: here was someone who was really walking the walk. Oh, and he also wrote a book called Making Sense of Suffering.
Also, Rabbi Menachem Nissel has a shiur called Understanding Unanswered Prayers.

happyone

Post Fri, Oct 12 2018, 9:31 am
Thanks for reviving this thread!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics