Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Accidents?????

Classicookie

Post Mon, Nov 26 2012, 9:28 pm
anyone have issues with their kids and lots of accidents my 3.7 year has been trained 7 months and still has tons of pee accidents like at least once a day and a lot of days more we do have dry days once in a while but it dosent even bother to walk around wet she can go wet until I notice of she start to smell I don't know what to do her teacher dosnt know what to tell me anymore what do I do.

3mitzvos

Post Mon, Nov 26 2012, 9:56 pm
I'm having this problem with my 4.5 yr old.... She has wet accidents about once or twice a day, once in a while more.... We can't tell until we ask her if she's wet or she changes her underwear on her own. Somehow she knows how to let just a tiny bit out so that she doesn't feel the "urge to pee" and so she doesn't pee on the floor....
I just called a child psychologist to make an appointment. I hope she'll be able to help! (We went to a different one last year, but it didn't seem to work....)

imasinger

Post Mon, Nov 26 2012, 10:11 pm
While you are waiting for better help than you can get here, try making sure that anyone still having accidents has a regular schedule to use the bathroom. Be sure her teachers/moros send her every couple of hours, and do the same at home.

3mitzvos

Post Mon, Nov 26 2012, 10:31 pm
Yeah, actually, I got her a special watch that is made for this type of problem.... It vibrates every two hours so that when she's in school, she can be reminded to go to the bathroom. In fact, I don't think my dd has accidents while in school.. it's only once she gets home when she does have accidents.

chani8

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 3:40 am
3mitzvos wrote:
Yeah, actually, I got her a special watch that is made for this type of problem.... It vibrates every two hours so that when she's in school, she can be reminded to go to the bathroom. In fact, I don't think my dd has accidents while in school.. it's only once she gets home when she does have accidents.

Perhaps she's exhausted from her day at gan? In this case, I'd put her in PJ's and a pull up as soon as possible after gan. And put her to bed much earlier in the eve. Likely stays dry in the morning when she is fresh and alert, works hard to stay dry at gan, but then is just exhausted in the afternoon. Perhaps?

chani8

Post Tue, Nov 27 2012, 3:49 am
mom2zahava wrote:
anyone have issues with their kids and lots of accidents my 3.7 year has been trained 7 months and still has tons of pee accidents like at least once a day and a lot of days more we do have dry days once in a while but it dosent even bother to walk around wet she can go wet until I notice of she start to smell I don't know what to do her teacher dosnt know what to tell me anymore what do I do.

I'd ask her if she wants to go back into diapers for a while, with gannenet's cooperation. Either she is simply not ready for this responsibility . . . or she has language problems. That came out weird, eh? But IME, it seems kids with language problems have a hard time with potty training. If that is not the case, skip it. If she does have language issues, then I think the potty thing is stress related. Being in a very language/auditory environment can be stressful and distracting and kids often show a lack of coping by a lack of continence control.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics