Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
24 hour EEG in Mt Sinai for 8 year old

amother

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 10:10 am
DD needs to have a 24 hour in hospital EEG next week. I spoke to someone in the hospital (Mt. Sinai) & tried to get more information about what to expect but she didn't really know any details. Did anyone have this test before & can tell me what to expect? Dd had this test before but it was only a 40 min thing last time & was in a tiny room with me only allowed on the other side of the curtain. Will I be able to stay in the room with her now that its 24 hours? Will she be able to move around? Will she be in a regular hospital room or also a tiny room? Will they provide TV, toys etc of I have to bring entertainment with me? I have so many questions I'd really appreciate if anyone can answer me.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 10:55 am
I don't know if you're going for the same thing but we were in montefiore hospital many times for more than 24 hour eeg-its a regular hospital room -eeg is with video so nurses can see everythng. my daughter couldn't leave the room. it's uncomfortable but not reallly painful.

amother

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 11:13 am
Thanks for your reply. Yes shes going to be video tapes but does that mean she's stuck in bed for 24 hours or she can move around in her room? How do I keep a 8 year old stuck in bed for that long?

pelle

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 11:21 am
while a 24 hour eeg is video. (we have never had one done in n.y. so I hope this goes for your hospital as well.) they can temporarly hook her up to one that she can go for a walk with but it will not be videoing her, so it has to be only when she relly needs a breather. you want them to see everything and get the best idea how to help her. hatzlacha, a new toy wouldnt hurt either. they might have some stuff to lend in the hospital......?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 11:28 am
Do they at least provide rooms with a TV or video to entertain?

amother

Post Thu, Nov 29 2012, 12:36 pm
Had this done in Beth Israel for my DS. There they were able to be hooked up to the video in the playroom which had TV, books, games, crafts, etc.. when they were bored. The rest of the time, he was in his room hooked up to the video there. Let me know if I can help you in any other way.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics